CHAPTER 12

Sanskar and Swara were sitting on the stairs,near the lake at the back side of temple.

The temple was everywhere lightning with Diyas,full decorated at the night of eve, the reflection of lights through water made them shine even more under a black sky.

She plays with the water sitting at the last step... her chin resting on her knees and her Lahenga just little up her ankles...

Sanskar who was sitting a step up than her,smirked at her when he noticed her lost in there. He scooted close to her and asked.

Sanskar - "Aa Swara..."

Swara - "Hmm...." she replied while her fingers played with the water.

Sanskar - "Ummm... are you feeling hungry..."

Swara - "NO..." she put the thaal in her lap and her fingers traced it's corners absentmindlily. He smiled inwardly seeying her lost and continued his questioning.

"Really... I mean you're saying truth..  I mean it doesn't seem like that..." he pretends, "Are you sure...?"

"Yeah... I'm fine..." she just mumbles uninterestingly in a weak voice. It really had been a great day without eating.

"Ok.." he slipped himself down on the same step as hers. He looked at her face for a while and looked around when his eyes fell on the apple placed in her Aarti thaal along with some more dry fruits. "Take this.." he offered her an apple. She looks at him and then at the apple...

"NO.." she rolled her eyes, "I've kept fast and I'm gonna complete it till the end.."

"Arey... no one is watching.." he turned her to face him, "Have it..  I won't tell anyone..." he placed his finger on his mouth.

"Sanskar..." she lined her lips.

"Okay..." he sighed, "What can I do.." he chewed the apple, "Just thought to offer you before eating it myself..." he takes another bite.

"Sanskar..." she squinted her eyes, "Now you'll eat infront of me..." she tilted her eyes annoyingly.

"So.. what's the problem can't I eat..?"  he took another bite, "Swara it's amazing... take one..." he brings it to her mouth and she rolled her eyes, "Okay..." he just shrugged and watched her steadily when his eyes suddenly raised to the sky.

"Swaraaa...." he screamed suddenly with his mouth full with food.

She looks at him confusingly at his sudden scream...

"What happned..."

He placed back the apple and  drank water to force the stuff in his mouth down his throat.. 

"Sanskar.. what happned..." she asked again  seeing him panicked.

"Uthar dekho..." he makes her face to look up in the sky, "Your moon ji has come.." he chuckles.

"Awww..." she clapped her hands in excitement, "Thank God it came.." she smiled and he grinned, "Sanskar main..." she stopped when got him starring her only, "Main..."

"You what...?" He raised his eyebrow, "Someone wasn't even hungry..." he stares her face smiling at her and she doesn't meet his eyes.

"So what.. ummm now I'm feeling hungry.." she said and he laughed, "Sanskar tum mera mazak uraha ho, I kept fast for you, only you and you're.." she was about to complete and he reached to cover her mouth with his palm.

"Stop pretending infront me,have it now" he brought a ladu to her mouth and she forced it into her mouth smiling at her.

"Ummm... bas bas.." she stopped him, "Firstly you come up with me..."