Chapter 15

Once I had recovered from the initial shock of Wendy disclosing our secret to everyone and the anger, that was still boiling up inside me, I attempted to get Gray off of Natsu. He had been beating him for a full thirty minutes now, and Erza and Juvia had given up. "Gray-nee! Please! Get off him!" I cried out, trying to get close enough to the duo to either negotiate with Gray or pull him off the father of my child. "Not until his brain works enough to know not to mess around with my little sister!" Gray shouted back, adding a few new bruises to Natsu's face. "Gray! It takes two people to make a baby! Please let me explain!" I pouted, almost having a tantrum. "You let him do this to you? This cretin?" Gray froze, still holding Natsu's collar as he flopped like a corpse. "What's a cretin?" I heard Romeo mumble beside Wendy. "Moron." Wendy informed him."Well, you don't have to be mean about it." Romeo crossed his arms, pouting as he faced away from Wendy. "Well, it's not as simple as that. If you'd just let me explain!" I shouted up to the two on the bench. "Do I have a say in this?" Natsu straightened for a moment with his hand in the air and flopped again. "What's going on in here?" Master walked from his office to evaluate the situation. "Natsu got Lucy pregnant and Gray just found out," Laxus told him, still sitting on his table on the second floor. "Natsu! You've really done it this time!" Master shouted. "It's not like that! We didn't know what we were doing! It's different for Dragon Slayers, I promise!" I shouted to them all. "Sure it is. Permission to continue, Gramps?" Gray shouted up to him. "Do I have a say in family matters?" He sighed and Gray immediately took that as a yes. "Please, Gray! I'm scared, alright! I don't even know how to take care of myself. I just need my big brother right now, not a warden!" I cried out, drawing his full attention. He saw the tears rolling down my cheeks and dropped Natsu with a loud thump. "You knew mom and dad. What would they say if they were here? If they saw me in this situation? They would be disappointed. They raised a hopeless daughter. I would be surprised if they disowned me." I choked, Gray jumping down and walking up to me. "I can't take care of myself, Gray. You saw what happened. I was kidnapped and used to resurrect the monster that killed our parents! Do you think that's incapable enough to ask for help from my own brother?" He let me bury my face in his chest and my fist on his shoulder, weakly punching him. He put one hand on my head, the other dropped to his side. "I'm sorry, Lucy. I didn't mean to..." He led off. "It's okay Gray. I'd rather be fighting and together than happy and one of us dead or apart." I mumbled.

After everyone had a moment of silence for us, someone broke it. "You know, I'm part of the process as well." Natsu, the one who interrupted, instantly earned a beating from Erza and Mira for messing up our family moment. "Juv and I will be with you every step of the way, Lucy. If you ever need any help with anything, you can count on us." Gray put his arm over Juvia's shoulder and she snaked her arms around his torso. "Thanks, but I think you guys just need to take it easy over the next year. Mira and Levy told me how hard Team Natsu worked to find me. Thank you." I bowed and ran off to save Natsu from Titania and The She-Devil. 

After saving Natsu, with the help of Elfman, I was too busy with Natsu's wounds to notice everyone being quiet and/or whispering. "Does it hurt?" I worried, putting a piece of alcohol on the cut of his cheek. Wendy was tending to the more serious stuff. "Yeah, a couple of angry girls isn't going to shake me." He puffed out his chest, flinching slightly at the pain shooting through his body. "Alright, tough guy, take it easy." I chuckled as Wendy and I walking him to the infirmary to rest. "How is he?" Mira asked, guilty from what she had done. "I think he's in more pain than I will be in 9 months." I laughed and Wendy and I walked back into the guild hall. "So, when's the wedding?" Erza asked, most of the silent guild leaning in to eavesdrop. "W-Wedding?" I blushed, not having thought of that since Natsu called me his wife. "Of course! You can't have a baby without getting married!" Macao exclaimed from two tables away. Everyone stared at him before turning back to me. "I don't know. I have too much on my mind before I start thinking about this. Like the baby. I still haven't told Porliusica. Then Natsu's still distracted with Igneel, even if he did take a break to find me. And they could be a chance that I tell mom and dad. Wendy has been doing research on raising a spirit to talk with them. There might be a chance I can get their blessing before we meet them up there." I grew excited at the mention of this spell. "Are you sure, Lucy? There's a difference between meeting family members and tearing open old wounds." Erza warned me of something I had taken care of a long time ago. "It's fine Erza, I hardly remember the two. There are no wounds to tear open. But Gray, I'm not sure he should know about this." I looked over to Juvia and Gray who were sitting at the bar, looking lovingly into each other eyes. "He's only just got everything in order, I wouldn't want to get his hopes up," I added, looking away to stop myself from feeling guilty. "I got the spell from Porliusica. She got it from Grandeeney before she disappeared. I have more reading up to do, so I'll see you all back at the dorm!" She waved to the girls who share her dorm. "And Lucy, if you ever need a free check up..." She led off. "If I ever have any Dragon related contractions, I'll know who to call." I nodded to her as she left, waving. "I think I'm going to head back as well. It's been an interesting couple of days." Ersa stood, hand on sword. "Hang on Erza, I'm just signing out now!" Mira called after her and ran from behind the bar. Once they left, I spotted Juvia and Gray trying to sneak out. "Where are you two headed?" I smirked as another large group of mages left. "O-Oh, well, we kind of have this tradition every week for a date night... And, well..." Gray blushed. "Good luck, you love birds." I smiled and Juvia picked him up bridal style, running out and to god knows where. 

Within the hour, the guild had cleared out. It was dark outside. The only people left was Master in his office, Natsu in the infirmary, and I on my table. The candle in the centre of the table was the only light in the hall as I nursed my strawberry milkshake. "It's good I'm not an alcoholic." I scoffed, talking to myself like the days when I was left home alone with an instructor, or when I was travelling in between them. "I guess I've grown a lot since then." I thought aloud, taking another sip. "I guess I should be grateful. The baby will be safe." Someone spoke up behind me, making me turn to see the banged up pinkette who turned out to be the love of my life. From the moment I saw him in those woods, over a year ago, I never would have thought this is where I would turn up. "How are you doing?" I sat on one knee as he walked over and sat down. "Like I said, life has to throw more to knock me down." He chuckled, sitting down and instantly laying his head in my lap. "Long day?" I giggled, looking down at his fluffy, pink hair. "Oh, just another day at the office. What about you?" He looked up to me stroking the hair that enticed me most. "You know, found out some good news." I shrugged, my hand still in his hair. "Oh?" He question, turning on his back to look up at me. "Some baka with a brain did something that impressed me. Got beat up for my sake. Let my brother do whatever he wanted with him. Although, he did get a little hurt. I'm still worried about him." I said as Natsu laid comfortably on my lap again. "Don't worry, he's perfectly fine if you take care of him." And with that comment, we talked until we fell asleep. Still in the guild. Natsu's head still on my lap. The heat radiating off the both of us was like sleeping in midsummer in a field of wheat, and I dreamt on a time where Natsu and I could play with our child, or if I'm lucky, children.