Chapter 5

Gray's PoV

As we watched Lucy, waiting for her to awaken again. Slowly, strands of her hair grew white, starting from the root. At the same, a thud sounded from the mountain god. "Lord Yamanokami! Are you okay?!" Wendy gasped, Carla and her running over to the fainted lord with Carla carrying a bag of medicine, something Wendy had had grown accustomed to bring on missions. Wendy laid her ear against his chest to listen for a heart beat. Her back was turned to us as we waited anxiously for an expression. Then, her head raised again, and she turned to us with a grim expression. Tears grew in her eyes as she shook her head, signifying to us that he had passed. Woah. I thought to myself, surprised that it happened so fast. 

Suddenly, Lucy dropped to the ground with a loud thud. Thankfully, Natsu had been standing near, so he had caught. "Oh my Mavis!" Carla gasped at the rail of unfortunate events as we all rush over. By now, some patches of her skin were and and she had gotten a little more. Her hair was a mixture of purple, blonde, and white, blending into each. "What the hell's happening?" I shriek, kneeling down beside them. "She's slight sleeping." Wendy informed us as the glowing from her hands stopped. 

The ice crystals grew on her skin quicker and quicker. Natsu had to let her lay on the ground because she was so cold, even for him, a Fire Dragon Slayer. They grew on her arms, legs, wrists to hands, ankles to feet, until finally it reached her neck. "Wendy! Do something!" Erza cried as she crouched down beside my sister. "I can't. The ice must be magic!" Wendy panicked back as she kneeled on the other side of Lucy. All I could do was stand and watch my sister freeze over. Natsu was sitting with her head on his lap, flames in his hands to stop the freeze over. "I-I can stop i-it!" Natsu's teeth chatter as he kept a warm hand on his cheek. The ice continued to grow under his hand and to her hair, making the ends frosty.

Finally, the ice circled her eyes, going to the tips of her eyelashes. Then, everything stopped for a second. "W-Wendy?" Happy stuttered, after crying on Carla's shoulder. "Sh-She's still alive. In fact, everything about her is perfectly healthy." Wendy's brows frowned as she laid her hand on Lucy's left arm.

At the instant of contact, the ice began glowing. Wendy jumped back in fear. We all looked on as the part of arm Wendy had touch, the ice was melting. It's rate got rapider and rapider until it was finished, leaving her skin twinkling and snow falling all around her. After a couple of seconds, her eyes flickered open. "L-Lucy?" We all peered at her as she sat up, leaning her elbow on her up put knee. "Gray Fullbuster? Erza Scarlet? Wendy Marvell? Carla and Happy the exceeds?" She looked to each one to us, reciting our names. Then she looked to Natsu. "N-Natsu Dragneel. You look just like him, but with pinker hair." She laughed, as if remembering a fond memory. "Luce, do remember who we are?" Erza sat in front of her, looking her straight in the eye as Wendy checked for anything wrong with her. "Of course! You're Titania Erza from Fairytail. Like a big sister to me. I really missed you guys!" She pulled us all into a hug. "S-So you actually know us?" I stuttered, hope in my eyes as we let go. "Yes nii-san, you don't have to worry anymore, I remember everything. Maybe even some things I didn't remember before." She giggled innocently. I sighed, relieved. 

"But, um, Lucy." Wendy spoke up, interrupting our family reunion. "We are so sorry." Erza and Wendy bowed, Happy and Carla soon after. "What is it?"She turned to them, now I noticed the small amount of purple in her irises, a very very small amount. "Your previous master. H-He..." Wendy led off, looking over to the dead, old man still laying down on his slightly raised podium. "Oh Wendy, did he not explain?" Lucy got up, laughing slightly and mused her hair lightly as she walked passed her to the Mountain God. She still had her shrine maid's uniform on. 

She approached the lord and raised her open palm over his body, not bothering to kneel or bend her legs in anyway. "Come old friend. It's time to wake up. You have a job to do." She spoke as if a queen, a bright, blue, almost white, light emitted from her front. We were blinded monetarily as she shaded ourselves from the amazing amount of magical power. 

After the light had stopped, we heard a yawn. "Just a minute. I still need to get used to things." We heard the same voice as before, but full of life and deeper. "Yamanokami, I thought you were almost game to protect the blade?" Lucy crossed her arms, leaning more on one side than the other. "Y-Your Grace?" The lord gasped, instantly jumping up and bowing. He basically looked the same as before, but younger. He has a full head of brown, curly hair, a stubbled beard, and neater clothing than before. "Oh Yamanokami, always the same, even after all these years." Lucy chuckled. "Thank you very much for taking care of me Yamanokami. I certainly had a fun time. Did you know I was Elsa's descendant?" Lucy kneeled down on the edge of the platform. "I had my suspicions. Did she... talk to you?" Now we were totally out of the loop as there continued talking.

What the hell happened when they were asleep?