Chapter 2

The pub is full of people; the music is loud. Alex pulls me through the crowd to the bar and orders our drinks. People pass around us, the women, they all flutter their eyelashes and smile suggestively at him. Sorry ladies, this guy is betrothed to a probably dead princess. He is by my side for the entire night, we listen to the band playing, we try to talk over the loud music and we get incredibly drunk. His hand was on my back, on my exposed skin. The only time it left there was when he needed to use it and it soon returned. As the night passed it crept lower and lower eventually reaching the edge of the material on my waist. I don't know how this dress made it into the wardrobe, I am pretty sure Penny said that there was to be nothing above the knees, yet this dress barely makes it over my thighs.

We stagger out to the car, the driver patiently waiting to take us back to the manor house. I groan as the harsh street lights pass by, flicking at me.

"You alright there?" Alex asks from the other side of the back seat.

"Lights are too harsh."

He undoes my seat belt and pulls me over to him and onto his lap.

"Close your eyes." He whispers.

I put my head on his shoulder, snuggling into his neck, closing my eyes. His fingers playfully dance on my thigh, moving higher to the edge of my dress. They stop and his hand flattens on my leg moving under the soft material to the edge of my panties.

"Alex."

I can barely keep my eyes open, his hand moves under the lace of my panties and over my backside. I roll over, my head draping over his arm with the weight of sleepiness. I can feel his hand moving over my leg as he kisses and nips at my neck. His hand moves over the material that has been bunched up around my hips up to the thin strap on my shoulder, exposing my breast.

"Dirty boy." I whisper just before I fall asleep.

I wake on my bed, heavily panting from the strange dream. A shapeless figure moving through the dark, the thoughts that rattle through my mind not everything is what it seems. I look down at myself, still fully dressed, even my shoes, except the dress is bunched up around my armpits, my breasts exposed. Thankfully I am still wearing my panties. I look to the other side of the bed and there is Alex, laying on his stomach, he is still fully dressed too. Well that is just... interesting.

I don't remember anything past crawling onto his lap. I thought that I had heard him laugh at my dirty boy comment but I cannot be sure. To fall asleep in the arms of this man, I must feel relaxed around him, even after only knowing him for a few hours. Or you were super drunk. He sleeps peacefully, it really is nice to watch. Don't fall for him Stephanie, he is beyond you, he is betrothed to another.

The pale morning light barely shines through the windows, seeping in a dull yellow. The sun was struggling to warm the land; the morning is really cold. I shivered as I sat up, turning on the bed I pulled my dress down and hung my feet to the ground, removing my shoes. I feel like shit. I look around the room, having not had a proper chance to look at it last night. There is a desk beside the door for the wardrobe, a tiny laptop sits on it. On the other side of the desk is another door. En suite maybe? Beside the main door is a chaise lounge, ornate looking, red velvet material, it looks extremely enticing. I could imagine crawling into that with a good book. I walk over to the other door, feeling the plush cream carpet between my toes. Quietly opening the door, I see a small wet room. Yes! It is simple, a shower, toilet, basin. All that I need, in fact, I think I need it now. I close the door with one final look at sleeping beauty and strip down, in desperate need of a shower. The warm water is refreshing and helps ease my throbbing head.