I nod.

"You will then be able to speak with me in your mind. If I do not hear from you, I will be back in a week."

"What about Alex?"

She frowns.

"I am going to have words with him."

She gestures to the door.

"Go, have a holiday. Enjoy the peace and quiet of the Loach Issralk realm."

I step through the doorway, watching as the rock face closes, wondering if this is such a good idea.

"It is always a good idea, to get away from those who hurt you."

I spin around, instantly recognising the voice. He leans on a tree, watching me. Finn.

"What are you doing here?"

He shrugs, getting off the tree, moving closer to me.

"I saw Miranda pulling you through the entry, the look on your face, Alex at the top of the stairs, followed by the blonde vampire. Wasn't hard to figure out. I followed you. Once I saw her open the door, I knew this was the entry to the new realm."

"But why did you come in here? This was supposed to be about peace and quiet."

"A week alone with just your thoughts? To think about your cheating boyfriend? Sounds rather dull to me, why not spend a week with someone that wants to be with you?"

I look at my wrist, wondering if I could call her standing here.

"Don't call her, seriously Stephanie, just spend the week here, you will enjoy it, I promise."

He takes my hand and entwines his fingers in mine. Give him permission the wind whispers.

"How do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Make the wind talk to me."

"I can't do that." he grins, frowning slightly. "Wind whispering to you, is it?"

I nod.

"What's it saying?"

"To give you permission."

He pulls my hand, moving me into his body.

"Do you know who the wind is?" he whispers in my ear.

"No." my voice breathy, unable to cope with his proximity.

"Godfrey."

"You lie; this is all a trick."

"No, Stephanie it is not a trick, yes I can speak in your mind, yes I can block others out and yes I can give you erotic dreams and make you orgasm without touch but I cannot make the wind speak for me."

"So Godfrey wants me to spend the week having sex with you?"

He laughs.

"I would think that he wants you to have some time away, relax and enjoy yourself. He knows that you have needs, that you lust for a bit of wolfy." he smirks. "What have you got to lose? No one knows I am here and I do remember that you said to Alex last night eye for an eye."

"But he will read my mind, he will know. I'm surprised he hasn't found out about the night of the meeting."

Finn grins, obviously remembering that night, and just like me, he did truly crave another moment in my arms.

"Before this week is out, you will know how to lock your thoughts."

He pulls me down the path, a bird flitters past in the gentle breeze. I feel calm already, this place is so serene and perfect.

"When I have something that I do not want anyone to know, I put them in boxes. Not ordinary boxes, special boxes. You should remember that all groups of the dark beings can enter minds."

He wraps my arm behind him, around his waist, his arm then moves to my shoulder.

"Now you know that vampires can be killed by a stake to the heart, right?"

I nod.

"The yew tree in fact, so to stop all groups from finding out what it is, I make boxes, wood from the yew tree, silver and iridium. Placing them within each other, the final fourth box, thick steel with a massive lock on it, that stops the witches." he scoffed.

"Witches?" I gasp.

"Yeah." he frowned with squinted eyes. "You've never come across a witch?"

I shake my head.

"Strange. Although... you probably have and didn't know it, it isn't obvious like us wolves and our eyes."

We stop at the end of the path, the little wooden cabin at its end just as Miranda said.

"So, the boxes. In your case, hiding this from Alex, I would bury the box under a yew tree."

He pulls my hair behind my ear.

"I know this is a rebound thing, that you shouldn't be even considering it, but I ask you to give me permission."

His lips hover just above mine, waiting for me to give my answer. I stare at those blue eyes, so full, the pupil a tiny sliver of black.

"Yes."

His lips press on mine as he pulls me against his body, deeply kissing me. Before I know it I am being pushed up a tree, his body heavy on mine.