Sing me to sleep (Alby)

Just as promised, here's an update!

                                                                 Third person

Her eyes flutter open as she heard yelling, people moving around. Being the nice, but protective person that she was, she immediately got up, moving to see what the problem was. She squinted, moving through the dark of night, grabbing a lamp along the way so she didn't trip over something and face plant. She didn't need to do that again this week, the first time was painful enough.

She grimaced, the loud voices coming from the inside of the boys bunk making a headache form behind her temples. She enters their barracks, gently pushing through the swarm of boys to the front, irritation rolling off of me in waves. "What, the actual hell, is going on here?!" She exclaims loudly, yelling over the massive voices. "You can't just yell at one another all night!"

The voices slow to a stop, soft whimpering catching her attention as she looked to the source, Chuck. Her eyes soften as he tossed and turns, whimpering, occasionally crying out. She turns to Newt. "What's wrong with him?" She murmurs softly, kneeling beside him. "We don't know, he bloody woke all of us up, and we can't seem to wake him." Newt answers, and she looks up at the swarm. "Alright, everybody out. Go have, a very early breakfast, an early start to the day." She says, and they all groan loudly, muttering about how they're still tired. "Well, do you shucks want Chuck to be okay, or get your damn sleep?"

She snaps, and Newt nods in agreement, shooing everyone out, and they all left, little by little. "Okay, buddy, can you wake up for me?" She whispers, dabbing his sweaty face with a cool cloth, and his eyes flutter open, looking at her in fear. His eyes tear up, and she gathered him in her warm, and comforting arms, letting him cry into her shirt, not particularly caring if her wet it with his tears. "Shh. .Its okay Chuck, I've got you, its alright." She coos softly, rubbing his back.

After a little while of letting him cry, his sobs grew into sniffles, and all together, he stopped. She lays him back, looking down at him fondly, a spark in her eyes. "Do you want me to sing to you? I'm not bad, I swear." She drew an X over her heart, and Chuck felt his lips twitch as he nodded. "Close your eyes for me."

Alby had gone to check on Chuck, and her progress, and stopped in the doorway, watching her hug Chuck, letting him cry. She asked him if he wanted her to sing to him, promising she wasn't bad, and grinning to himself as Chuck smiles, nodding. "Close your eyes for me." She whispers, and his eyes close, her delicate finger caressing her cheek softly, taking a small breath before the most beautiful voice he had ever heard spills from her lips, it left him in awe.

"Wait a second, let me catch my breath.

Remind me how it feels to hear your voice.

You're lips are movin', I don't hear a thing,

Livin' life as if we had a choice.

Anywhere, anytime I would do anything, for you.

Anything for you.

Yesterday got away, melodies stuck inside your head,

A song in every breath.

Sing me to sleep now,

Sing me to sleep.

Won't you sing me to sleep now?

Sing me to sleep.

Remember me now, time cannot erase.

I can hear your whispers in my mind.

I've become what you cannot embrace,

Our memory will be my lullaby.

Sing me to sleep now,

Sing me to sleep.

Won't you sing me to sleep now?

Sing me to sleep.

Wait a second, let me catch my breath.

Anytime, anywhere,

I would do anything, for you.

Sing me to sleep now,

Sing me to sleep.

Wont you sing me to sleep now?

Sing me to sleep, let me close my eyes.

Our memory, will be my lullaby."

She finishes quietly, grinning to herself as she see's Chuck asleep soundly, peacefully. She moves to get up, turning around, nearly jumping out of her skin as she see's Alby leaning against the doorway. "You're amazing." He mutters, and she grins, walking in to him, smiling when he wraps his arms around her waist, kissing her lips softly. "I did good, didn't I?"