She's Sick (Newt)

My eyes flutter open with a small pained groan leaving my lips as I sit up. I look down at my sweaty body, realising that I was quite small. I didn't understand why I was sweating, it didn't seem all that warm in here. Although, I did feel a nice cool breeze brush my hair to the side softly, suddenly feeling a wave of cold washing over me. Was my body bipolar or what? I glance around, I was in a basement, and I wince, going rigid as I hear screaming. I abandon the bed without any control of what I did, as if I was reliving a memory, something that I hadn't remembered. At least I was remembering something. I tried to make hearing agonized screaming positive, but doubt and fear grew in my chest, my heart beating in my ears as I crept down the hall, suddenly sweaty again. My hands were shaking as I reach a railing, looking over the balcony-

     "Alex, wake up!" I sit straight up, then wince, holding my head in my hands, a groan of pain leaving my lips. "Yes, Newt?" I ask softly, my eyes drooping, I was tired and I was just sleeping. I glance up to meet his concerned eyes, and he frowns before cupping my face, but immediately retracts his hand. He looks at me in worry for a moment before grabbing my bag, digging through it for something as I swung my legs over the side of the bed, on the side he was at.

     I go to stand, only to find out that my legs had decided to become jelly, wobbling for a moment before giving out completely, gasping as I started to fall. Only to be caught by Newt as I winced, my body sore all over. I lay back in his arms, in agony. "I need coffee." I whisper to myself, moving to get out of his arms, determined to get to mess hall to get the precious beverage. "No, no you are going to stay right here, on this bed."

     He says to me, my eyebrows pulling together in confusion, coughing harshly into my elbow, my throat now dry. He stuck a thermometer in my mouth, and after a minute it beeped, him taking it out, his eyes widening. "What?" I question, sniffing subconsciously. "You've got a fever of 104, lay down." He commanded, and I complied, laying flat on my back, looking up at the ceiling.

     I heard his footsteps walking away from me, and I assumed he was leaving for a while, so I made myself comfortable, feeling cold, even as I cuddled in the blanket. I rest my aching head on the pillow, my eyes drooping once again before slipping shut.

                                          Third Person

Newt had come in to wake her, as it was nearly noon and she never got up that late, he figured something was wrong, so he came in to check on her. When he arrived at her little house that the builders had made especially for her, he knocked on the door but received no answer. He let himself in, smiling softly when he noticed her sleeping soundly, but a frown soon replaced it as he noticed a thin layer of sweat lingering on her skin, beginning to toss and turn in her bed.

     He approached her bedside, woke her up. She sat up quickly, him frowning a bit to himself as she groaned in pain, holding her head. Her eyes drooped a little as she looked up at him, the redness in the white of her eyes concerning him, he took her face in his hands, and winced. Her skin was feverishly warm. He turned to dig around in her bag for a thermometer, and once he had it, he nearly dropped it as she collapsed, catching her in his arms.

     He looked down at her in concern. He heard her whisper something about caffeine as he sat her on the bed, sticking the thermometer in her mouth. His eyes widened at her temperature, telling her to stay put as he went to get her coffee and ice, and another blanket, even went as far as going to Frypan and asking him to make her some soup.

He would stay with her today, even if he got sick too.

Sorry that this chapter was shit, its literally like three in the morning, I'll update again tomorrow, scouts honour.