Only a clueless and hyperactive 11 month year old baby would be excited

I stop by the mini mart to buy some snacks and also sweets to satisfy my sweet tooth. After buying the necessary items, I head back to my car only to collide into a girl. I swiftly reach out for her small arms and she came crashing at my lower torso.

"You alright there?" I query, bending down to her level while assessing her body for any possible bruises or bumps in the process.

When she glance up at me, we both gasp at the same time then quickly recover by putting on a wide smile.

"DIGO!" Robyn exclaims enthusiastically as she rolls her small arms over my neck.

"Hey Robbie." I embrace her back. "What are you doing here? Are you alone?"

She giggles, "No, I'm with Mandy and her mother." I furrow my brows and she quickly explains. "Mandy's my bestie."

"And your mother knows you went with her?"

She nods as I get back up on my feet.

"So, how's the family? Did you talk with your sister again?" I query while Robbie slips her little hand into mine. She looks up at me with those cute and adorable eyes of hers.

"Mum and dad are fine. Avril...we're talking again." She says, giving me a small smile. "Hey, where are you going after this?"

"Oh, I'm going to the treehouse after this."

"Can I tag along? Pretty please!" She pleads as she gaze at me with those puppy eyes that will have anyone falling for.

I tilt my head to the side, "Then how about Mandy and her mum?" I query, jerking my chin over to them who was walking through the entrance. When they both saw me with Robbie in tow, Mandy's mum wears a frightened mask; a mask that mum's always wears whenever she spots her child with an unknown stranger.

"I suppose your bestie and her mum doesn't know me."

Robbie mouth made an O shape and a look of realisation paints her face. "I forgot." She utters, sheepishly.

Robbie didn't waste any time to introduce me to Mandy and her mum. We spend almost half an hour reassuring Kathy that I'm not a stranger nor a pedophile, when she still didn't believe, I dialled Mrs Reed number and tells her to talk to Kathy. Finally when she did believe, she apologizes for her stubbornness - her words. Robbie told Kathy that she would be following me and bids both mother and daughter farewell, saying she'll see Mandy again on Monday.

When we reached my car, Robbie hops onto the passenger seat while I hop into mine. Robbie keeps fidgeting in her seat and she just can't keep her hands to herself because she keeps changing stations. Robbie was startled and unintentionally increase the volume when a station was playing heavy metal music. Therefore making us drown in the loudness of the song.

I shot her a glare and hurriedly lower the volume to save both of our eardrums. Changing the station back to my favourite one while I pick up a conversation with her.

"So, does your parents know you're following me?"

"No, but I don't think they'll mind...I guess?"

"You guess?" I raise a brow at her before shifting my gaze back to the road. Using one hand, I grab hold of my phone in the middle console and hands it to Robbie. "Here call your mummy and tell her." I instruct her to go under contacts and search for her mummy's name.

Robbie made the phone call as I drive. She sounded happy when they were done talking."Yay!" She squeals excitedly. "Mummy said yes. But I'll have to be home by eight, because there's school tomorrow."