"The answer to your question, starts with your mother." He points between Landon and I. I'm too worried to look back at Kyle, Daphne or the others. What have we dragged them into. "Anastasia, right? But everyone calls her Sia so I believe. She started this."

I didn't move. As much as I wanted to reach out for my brother, I wanted to hug him. I didn't move. We had to show no fear.

What could my mother possibly have done?

"16 years ago, like you said, was the first war. I wasn't in charge then, but my father was, I didn't order that attack - I had no say. My mate, Bridie, fought in that battle, even being five months pregnant with our son. And your mother, supposedly fighting for the lives of her people, took the life of not only my mate - but my son."

There was a pause. Such a long pause. Every second felt like a minute, every minute became an hour. I didn't like where this was going at all.

"He would have been sixteen. He should be where I'm standing right now. Taking my place as Alpha. But no. And I knew it would end this way, I couldn't bring them back to life. So how was I supposed to produce an heir? Who would take my place in the years to come? So I did what anyone would do." He gritted his teeth, supressing something horrible.

Did I want to know?

"And what was that?" Landon asks. He obviously wanted to know. As much as I didn't.

The Alpha cracked a wicked smile at Zeus, who stod next to my brother.

"Well, I'm sure you've been told about what happened to your mother all those years ago. Aren't you, Zeus?"

My throat began to close, my pupil dilated & my heart leaped from my chest. No. He couldn't be....

"You raped my mother?" Zeus clentches his fists. His face was red enough to start a fire, the anger pulsing through his veins was far too strong to supress. But Zeus knew he had to. This was the Alpha Rouge, he was looking for anything to start a war with us.

This man was Ares' father.

The rogue that raped his mother so many years ago. This is why his energy was so intense. This is why Ares had always been so much more angrier than your average rogue. He was the son of the Alpha Rogue all this time. Conceived not from love, but from hatred.

"Nine months later, out pops a beautiful baby boy." The Alpha continues, exaggerating his emotions. "And as much as your mother hated him, as much as she wished she never had him - she wouldn't give him up to me. He was the one thing I needed, and she wouldn't give him to me. Ares, she named him. After the god of war. Perfect name, on her behalf."

Landon holds Zeus back before any punches are thrown. That's the last thing we need right now.

I wonder if he knows that I'm his son's mate.

I hope he didn't. And I hope he didn't know about Coby or Chase. I had never hoped for something more in my life.

Would he try take my family away from me?

I let my fear seep in. How couldn't I be afraid of a man that just admitted to raping a woman. That expected he would be given the baby after nine months. That wanted revenge for everything.