"I guess I'll see you same time next year?" Joey asked as he began to walk me towards my car.

"Don't try to guilt trip me into seeing you, Joseph."

"I wouldn't have to guilt trip you if you actually came and saw my kids once in a while."

I rolled my eyes and ignored his words, even though I knew they were true. As we came closer to my car, I took notice to the two men snooping around my vehicle.

"Joey, stop walking and face me." I spoke quietly under my breath.

"Why? What's—,"

"Just do it." I grabbed his arm and turned to face him so my back was to the two men and my car. "What do those two guys by my car look like?"

"Like they're trying to break.... They're FBI. What are they doing snooping around your car?"

"Nothing good." I muttered and looked around behind Joey. "I need to go. But I'm not taking my car."

Joey was silent for a minute and I could see the wheels turning in his head.

"Widia, what the hell did you—,"

"I did nothing. I'll see you next year." I started to pass him but Joey grabbed my arm tightly and pulled me back to him. Our eyes met and I locked my jaw. "Joey. Let me go."

"Why are the Feds after you?"

"I don't know. You're a Fed. Why are you guys after me?"

"Widia, I'm not playing with you. The only thing that's been going on up near you was Captain America and his friends—," Joey stopped speaking suddenly and he locked his jaw for a moment. "I know Rogers and one of his allies were S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Are you—,"

"Stop, Joey. Just stop!" I shouted, pushing him away from me. "You don't know shit."

"What have you gotten yourself into?" He spoke under his breath, stepping closer to me again. "So help me Widia Jade—,"

"Riggs would want me to do this, Joey. You go ahead and do whatever it is you think you have to do, tell your FBI buddies where I am, arrest me even, but I'm not going to go down without a damn fight."

Joey stood his ground, broad shoulders straight as I tried to intimidate him.

"You think Zach would want you doing this?"

"I know he would." I nodded my head.

"Widia, this isn't just a few speeding tickets or robbing a store. This is treason."

"Either you're going to arrest me or I am leaving right now." I told him, holding my wrists out for hand cuffs. He said nothing. "That's what I thought. See you next year, Joseph."

———

The four didn't leave the motel room. I had to admit, I was surprised about that.

"Alright, guys. We've got to leave." I clapped my hands together as I entered the motel room. Everyone was crowded into one, eagerly and anxiously awaiting for me to return. "FBI found me in DC and kept me from my car at the cemetery."

"What did you drive back here?" Sam asked, standing up from the little table.

"A blue mini-van."

"Damn it."

"Let's get going, boys. You can complain later." Natasha told them and began to usher all three men into motion.

"Complain my ass." I muttered as I moved to grab my bag. "I'll kick whoever's ass decides to complain about that mini-van."