Chapter Two

Harry POV

That night, I sat in my cupboard with a stolen pen and paper. I planned to reply back to the headmaster. I gave a heavy sigh, staring blankly at the paper in my hands. 'This is so stupid, why is it always me anyways? As awesome as it is to be getting this second chance, I still remember all the pain I received last time. Damn it, Harry, this is no time to be getting all depressed, you're a slytherin now for fucks sake! Get it together already.' I looked up again, and began to write the letter, knowing there was an owl somewhere outside waiting for a reply. If this goes right, I'll be out of here in a few days. Signing my name at the bottom, I paused, listening to see if they were awake. Quickly hearing their snores, I quietly slipped out of the small room and went outside. Simply holding up the rolled parchment, I wasn't surprised when a barn owl came out of nowhere and took it from my grasp before flying off. I quickly slipped back in, and re-entered my room, none of them knowing that I had just made contact with their hated wizarding world.

3rd PPOV

In Dumbledore's office...

Opening the letter an owl just dropped off on his desk, Dumbledore swiftly read over it, before pausing at the name underneath it. It was from one Harry Potter The-Boy-Who-Lived. Dumbledore was ecstatic that Harry agreed to attend Hogwarts, given the animosity his relatives have towards the wizarding world. He figured it would take more effort to get Harry to attend. His beloved weapon for the light was still his, after all. He even found the perfect friends for Harry, he just had to make sure things went accordingly and they were pushed together. Ronald Weasley would be no issue...the muggleborn Hermione Granger, however, would be a little more difficult. Glancing back at the letter he re-read it for the third time, a small smile forming.

Dear Headmaster Dumbledore,

How could I be a wizard? According to my aunt and uncle, magic isn't real. However, I have heard aunt Petunia mutter about people like James, Lily, who are my parents, and someone named Severus. Are they so called wizards as well? If this is real, then could this "Severus" person come and explain it all to me please? If my parents knew him, then he must be a good person.

Thank you,

Harry Potter

Dumbledore sighed, and told Hogwarts to summon Snape to him.

You see, Hogwarts is sentient; however, because Dumbledore has her bound to him, she is unable to ban him from the grounds. She wishes that she could though, after watching all the pain and lies and ways he has made her children weaker due to his own fear of others being able to toss him out. She thought that Tom would be able to succeed in doing so, but Dumbledore made sure everyone thought that Tom was the bad guy.

Severus was a precious child to her, a child she has barely managed to save from Dumbledore's manipulations. The only child she has had enough power to protect, and she loathes Dumbledore for it. She watched as he went into the Headmaster's office, content to watch and see what happens.

"What is it?" Snape spoke harshly as he walked through the door. He didn't have time for this, he was just about to start brewing another potion.

"Ah, Severus, my boy, I have a request to make of you. I hope you will accept, it will mean the world to me." Dumbledore's eyes twinkled, a spell he created and casted on his eyes whenever he had company. Seeing Snape wouldn't be answering, Dumbledore continued on, "I want you to go pick up dear Harry and take him to get his supplies. Also, please explain to him the workings of the wizarding world. Tell him how wonderful the Gryffindor house is and how much better the light side is while you're at it, please." Dumbledore spoke, subtly casting compulsion charms on Snape as he did, however he didn't notice Hogwarts making an effort to block each spell he tried to cast on Snape. Therefore, he did not know they didn't actually work. Snape, however, felt both the compulsion spells and Hogwarts deflecting them, though he didn't let it show on his expression. Snape simply nodded, and left.