O N E

It was September 1st, Harry had been working at Hogwarts for Seven years officially as the Defence Against Dark Arts professor, and he was sitting in the Great Hall waiting for the first years to arrive. He loved to watch the sorting, to see the magic in some of these children's eyes for the first time. Harry was having a conversation with his old friend Hermione Granger -The school librarian- who was sat right beside him. On the other side of the of the table sat Draco Malfoy, the potions teacher. Harry and Draco got along better than they did when they were children, but not by much. It's true that they no longer cast curses on each other from opposite sides of the hallway, but that doesn't mean that they don't bicker time, and time again.

Just as Hermione and Harry were finishing their conversation on wether or not to assign essays every three days is a good idea or not, the first years walked in behind Hagrid. Hagrid joined the table of teachers, and Minerva stood up to do the annual first day of school speech.

Harry didn't pay attention to the speech, nor did he bother listening to the old hat sing its song. In fact, Harry wasn't paying attention at all until he heard a very, very interesting name be called 'Albus Potter'. Harry looked up, he wasn't sure he heard that right, for merlin's sake he didn't even have a child, or any siblings so how could this kid be named Potter?

Harry looked at Hermione, she looked just as baffled, not sure what was going on. On the other side of the table Draco was also very intrigued, he didn't know that Potter had a kid, and from what Draco could tell, Potter wasn't sure he had a kid either.

The room went quiet one hearing the kids name, all eyes in the room went to Harry immediately -well, except for Hermione and Draco since they were already looking at Harry-. The kid sat on the stool, and after about half a minute of deciding, it yelled out SLYTHERIN!

The boy -Albus- went to go sit with the cheering table of green ties. Hermione continued to stare at Harry for the rest of dinner. When dinner was done, and the students were dismissed and told to go to their rooms as they have classes in the morning, Harry left immediately and didn't talk to anyone, just went to his room to try and figure out what in the name of Salazar Slytherin was going on.

***

The next morning, Harry is in a good mood, he is just ready to teach Defence Against The Dark Arts. Harry was in too good of a mood it turned out because when he sat down beside Hermione -who had her head in a book- and looked up to the room, and saw that Potter boy he remembered. His mood was suddenly less enthusiastic.

Harry turned to Hermione. "Did you find anything out?"

"Yep." Hermione said plainly still not looking up from her book.

"And..?" Harry asked desperately.

"And-" Hermione looked up to Harry "You need to have a conversation with Ginny, however you can do that later as you have 10 minutes to get to your classroom before Minerva get's you in trouble for being late on the first day like back in first year."

Harry couldn't believe what he was hearing. I have a son. That was the only thought running through Harry's mind as he nodded to Hermione, and headed to the third floor where his classroom is.

When Harry walked into the classroom he walked to the front and sat on his desk. As these were first years - Gryffindor and Slytherins- Harry knew he was going to have to introduce himself.

"Hello class, I'm Professor Potter your new Defence Against Dark Art's teacher. So, this year we're going to be doing a lot more hands on things rather than doing boring essays and things." At this the class cheered.

"Okay, so firstly i need everyone to get in a circle. We are going to be doing something that Muggle schools do which is a name game, so we can all get to know each other. Okay? So when you get the ball say your name and a fact about you. I'm Professor Potter, and I sleep in socks." Harry then tossed the ball to a small kid who was quite round. A Slytherin.

"My Name is Gregory Bones, and my favourite colour is green."

" My name is Jonny, and I hate celery."

"My name is Olivia and my favourite spell is lumos."

This went on for a while, until it came to Albus-Severus. "Hello, I'm Albus, and i have a white pet ferret." When Harry heard this, he could help but chuckle. If this kid was really was his -the kid did look a lot like him- and Ginny's he knew why that the kid had a Ferret as a pet.

Then, the students moved on. After they were done doing the name game, Harry started talking about what they were to learning this year in DADA.

***

All of Harry's classes had gone well, some of the older years were excited to see Harry again, and he did the standard beginning of year talk, and let the older ones do whatever for a period because he didn't really have anything planed for the first day; the other two weeks -at least- yes, today, no.

Harry walked into the Great Hall and sat down beside Hermione making small talk. After they had dinner, they walked together to their rooms (which were very conveniently beside each others) when Hermione spoke up. "He looks like you you know." "I know, but if I hear it one more time i might scream." Harry replied calmly. He had been hearing 'He looks like you's' all day, and he was tired of it. Plus he still had to talk with Ginny about it. "Hey Potter, he looks like you." Draco said from down the hall on his way to his room. " I know. " Harry replied knowing that Draco only said that because he heard Harry say he was going to scream if he heard it again.

Once Harry and Hermione got to their rooms, they said goodnight to each other (although it was only like 8:30pm) and went their separate ways. When Harry walked into his room, he decided to send a letter to Ginny asking if he could come by to talk. Harry went to Hermione's room first to ask if he could use her owl, he knew she wouldn't mind but he asked first anyway. After Hedwig he couldn't bring himself to get another owl, even after 15 years he wasn't ready for it. Hermione agreed without thinking twice, and he head up to the owlery with a treat in his pocket for Felly -Hermione's owl-, and the letter to Ginny. The walk only took a few minutes, and he gave Felly his treat, and the letter. Once Felly flew off, Harry stood staring at her until she was out of sight. Just as Harry was leaving, he ran into Draco. Literally. Like Harrys forehead into Draco's chin.

"Watch where you're going Potter." Draco spat rubbing his chin, and looking down at Harry.

"Sorry." Harry replied rubbing his forehead. "What are you even doing here?"

"Sending a letter... is that not obvious enough?" Draco asked while rolling his eyes.

"At 9 at night? Bit late isn't it?"

"You're here."

"Touché."

After that neither of the boys had anything to say, so they both awkwardly continued what they were doing. Draco walked over to an owl; must be his. And Harry walked through the door back down to his room.

Harry took his time walking, as a teacher he was allowed to roam the school at night, however he felt he had to be careful as if he was going to be getting in trouble. Harry spent some time going the long way, making sure to appreciate the trophies, looking at all the ones he had won while he was on the Quidditch team. He also looked at the ones the other houses has won, the ones that won the second most -after Gryffindor- was Slytherin. Harry could see 'Draco Malfoy' on the trophies years 2-6. Wait, If Draco was here during seventh year, how come he isn't on any of the trophies for that year? Harry decided he would ask Draco about it another time, as he was getting pretty tired. When Harry walked back into his room, he saw that Felly had left a letter on his Desk. Harry sighed and picked up the letter. Ginny said that he could go over as soon as he got the letter.

Harry sighed again, and picked up his jacket and hung it around his arm. He quickly walked through the castle and got to the front doors. When he stepped outside he felt the warm air hit his cheeks.

Although it was only early September, and the weather had been warm, Harry knew that he would be getting back late, and that by the time he would be walking back to Hogwarts the air would be much, much colder.

Harry set a brisk pace walking towards Hogsmeade. It wasn't that far, and took Harry 10 minutes at most to walk there. When he got to Hogsmeade he went ahead and Apparated in front of Ginny's door. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door, waiting for her to answer.