Chapter 21- When His Eyes Made Her Heart Stop

Start from the beginning

But I don't want to do that cause.. I'm her friend, I have to be there for her even though she knows everything is her fault.

💫💫💫

☉☄☉

I stirred, holding the my blanket close to me.
Why does morning have to come so early?!

My phone rang, and I hated that more.

I slammed my hand on the beside desk, picking up my phone.

"What?" I answered. I didn't sleep much last night... and now, when I am, someone disturbs me.

"Good news T, I just got out Hotel Peninsula, I got the job!" I could hear Aisha's cheery voice through the phone.

"Good for you, now bye." I retorted, pulling away from the phone. A loud voice coming from the speaker stopped me from ending the call.

"NO WAIT."

"What?" I yelled.

"I'm just saw a lovely gown outside this shop, I'm gonna buy it for the masquerade party." She replied back.

"Aisha, we have a week for that!" I groaned, rubbing my fingers on my head.

"I know but we need to prepare." She said.

"Fine, do whatever." I cut the call, pulling the blanket close to me as I once again closed my eyes.

💫💫💫

1 week later

Aisha's POV

I was standing outside, dressed in my black gown, a pair of the same coloured heels, my hair was tied up, the wind hitting my bare back sent me chills.

Today I was really scared. Yes you believe it, I was terrified...

Tina was inside.... she was probably talking to other people, having a boring business talk.

The winds were frigid here. Barren and dark with not a star shinning through the mist. The moon was dim and cold. The rivers water ragged from the boyne to lake. It was freezing cold and all I wanted to do right now, was to go inside.

This was an ultimate international masquerade ball, the amount of people I could sense were inside blew my mind.

They think I'm quite confident, but I'm not.

"How do I look?"

I turned around and faced Drew.... yes I had nobody, so he was my date. My eyes ran down his outfit, he was wearing a tuxdeo, his hair was neatly side parted, a gold mask covered his upper face.

"Drew you look great." I spoke. I walked closer to him and wrapped my arm around his. "I'm cold, let's go inside." I whispered.

"Portez votre masque d'abord." (Wear your mask first.) He ordered, I nodded taking out my luxury Black Swan venetian style mask with diamante crystals on them.