Off Guard

A/N: An entry to Flashback "semi-harot" Fridays. Enjoy!

//

Maine has always loved confetti. Her fascination for those falling pieces of colorful papers has no logical explanation. Only she's sure that seeing them almost always brightens up her mood. And today is one of those days.

She extended both her arms trying to catch come stray confetti like that child that she was, laughing as if she is not on stage with a number of her fellows artists. She was trying to catch this particular yellow piece when she suddenly felt another hand trying to catch stray pieces of papers as well... only that the hand is not trying to catch those that are still floating, but those that have already fallen.

"RICARDO!!!" She half-whispered, half-screamed to get the attention of her five year-old OFF (and secretly ON) screen partner whose hand is half way to its intended destination.

And as much as she wanted to go full-blown freak out on him for what he is about to do, now is not the right time for that. Hundreds, or thousands, of eyes are on them and she's 124% sure that at least one of those eyes are behind a phone camera trained specifically at them. Just waiting for the right moment.

And here he is, giving them just that right moment.

"Whu-what?"

And for the love of all that's holy, God bless his soul, he is not aware. Of course he is not, like how he is most of the time. His excuse? when you do things almost every time, it already becomes a habit, something that naturally comes out of you. And that particular gesture he is about to do? Well, let's just say he's done it countless times already it's like a part of his system.

"Bakit mo dinukot?"

"Dinukot ang ano?"

"Yun confetti kasi!!!"

"Confetti..."

His eyes widened in realization when it dawned on him what he is about to do; he was no thinking at that moment he reached for that piece of paper. Not at all. All he knew was that the stray paper fell inside Maine's dress, touching the smooth skin in between the valley of her breasts...that smooth skin he has so wanted to touch since the moment he saw her step out of her dressing room.

"Ay shit! Oo nga. Wait, sorry. Teka babalik ko!"

He was about to reach out again, give in to the temptation once...

"Anong ibabalik?! RICARDO!!!"

And RJ sheepishly withdrew his hand, pretended to remove a stray piece of paper in her hair, and acted as if nothing happened.

Well at least nothing yet.

"Ah ok sige. Mamaya na lang. Sa backstage. Pag tayong dalawa na lang. Thorough body check."

He wiggled both his brows, eyeing her bodice appreciatively which in turn earned a light smack from his object of affection.

Days after, a video of RJ trying to remove a stray paper from Maine's bosom circulated online. And no one can wipe the smug look in his face after that. If he will be asked for his statement, he would give none - well maybe for one. MINE.