System Glitch

In a programmer's mind, the world or the matrix rather, is made of up random zeroes and ones. Every organism is programmed according to design, every plant, building, cars, roads, trees... Everything you see, including humans, are made up of millions of coded zeroes and ones.

It all start with architect who designs each program and then he passes it one to the programmer to do the dirty work of writing the code. Each human program is designed to be completed after a number loops, the number loops are unique per program. Still all loops are designed to end, and only then will the program gets to be completed.

Programmers would purposely miss a line of code for some humans, this code will only be found in another human - and thus the birth of the idea of "soulmates". These humans will be in an infinite loop and only when they meet their "soulmates" do they get to have the missing line of code to end the loop. Only then do they get to be "completed".

To compensate for that, each event is programmed too - automated scripts, jobs and events are created to ensure that these "soulmates" will meet so that the program will complete and the loop will end.

There is no such thing as Serendipity, that word was created to give humans a false sense of freedom. Everything is programmed to happen. Everything is working according to design.

So that one afternoon, at exactly 13:02:00.002, when a script mysteriously failed to run and caused some events and jobs to not be triggered - it threw the matrix scale out of balance. Programmers has to manually stop some scripts and jobs from running as they are not supposed to run yet, and start some that are supposed to be running already. Lines and lines of codes have been overwrottend and reprogrammed. The programmers have tried to fix it, spent hours trying to correct everything. But that one script just kept on failing. So the programmers just opted to let it be and see how things will turn out - and to their amazement, it turned out to something much more beautiful than the original design.

So they let the script be and when asked for an explanation what happened that afternoon?

Well, everything is made up of zeroes and one, so July 16, 2015 ? It is a glitch in the matrix.

----------
A/N: Because I was on social media hiatus, I missed the submission for the 30 day drabble prompt 2 but I need to get this out of my system. The prompt is to share the most incredible thing M and A has seen in the most boring tone.

So here it is! Hope you get bored! 😝