Happiness

Their relationship is crumbling down. The past couple of months has been really hard, they're always fighting. And though it was never physical, a lot of hurtful words are thrown by both parties.

She is suffocating... he suddenly became so possessive, so controlling she's starting to lose herself. His words, his actions that he claims are out of protectiveness are looking like more out of unjustified jealousy. He is suffocating her.

He is getting paranoid... Day by day he is getting more and more paranoid. Unbidden thoughts of her leaving him, or someone stealing her away from him kept on playing in his mind. The paranoia and the fear manifested in his actions without him even noticing it. He started being more 'protective', more demanding. He is scared of losing her.

They requested for a 2-week vacation after the grueling year of all work, no play. They needed this to breathe and as well as try to sort things out between themselves.

"Alden, lagi na lang tayo nag-aaway. Baka kailangan natin ng break."
"It's RJ, mahal. Eto na nga, nag 2 weeks vacation. Ano pang break gusto mo? Gusto mo pa ba ng extension?."
"No. I am asking for a break, from us, from you, from each other, medyo nakakasakal na din kasi. Maybe we need some time away from each other, reset our priorities, think things through."
"No! No we don't, you know I just want what's the best for us right? We don't need a break from each other we just need time with each other. Ikaw at ako, tayong dalawa lang diba?"

After that 2 weeks break, it was only Alden who came back but with a renewed aura. Everyone assumed that the couple were able to work things about between them. Maine texted the management and requested for another week off work. Management agreed after Alden explained that Maine needed to rest a liitle bit more.

However, after the extension week Maine has yet to show her face in public. When asked, Alden's answer is always the same - she needed more rest now.

"Malapit na pong bumalik si Maine. Medyo kailangan lang po niyang magpahinga na maigi ngayon."

Alden's TVC shoot ended really late, this is the last one for the day. He can't wait to go home and he would give anything for a warm bed and a good night's sleep.

"Babe, I'm home." No answer.

He smiled as the thought of her waiting for him in his bed. Always waiting for him. His smiled widened when he saw her lying on her side of the bed, sleeping peacefully.

"Babe? Kumain ka na? Ay tulog na ang baby. I'm home, Babe. I love you." He whispered softly as he gave her chaffed lips a lingering kiss. He didn't wait for her to answer, he was so exhausted. He wrapped her in his arms before drifting off to sleep.

He woke up to the harsh glare of the sun with a very bad headache. It doesn't help that her phone won't stop ringing adding more damage than good to his worsening headache. He reached for her phone before the call was dropped.

20 missed calls
15 unread messages

He only got to read what's on the very top, it was from Tatay.

'Papunta kami diyan ngayon.' - 9:30AM

He glanced at the clock sitting next to the empty bottle of vodka to check the time - 10am. With a big smile he looked down at the still sleeping girl in his arms, his left hand intertwined with her cold right hand.

With his free hand he reached for the black box sitting beside their bed, and with utter gentleness he lifted the thing out of the box and shed a tear.

"Good morning, Love. Ikaw at ako, tayong dalawa lang ha."

BANG.

--------
A/N: Ok. So this is the first time I'm trying out this genre. And it is draining. I love reading stories of the same plot, but writing one is really hard. Please don't be too harsh on me.