Joey Graceffa's Roommate?

Part 8:

The next morning I awoke to an unexpected call from my mom. I hadn't talked to her much in the past few months since I had moved out here to LA. We only spoke maybe once or twice a week which was unusual since prior to my move I had lived with her and spoken to her every day.

Groggily I made my way out into the living room to answer the call, not wanting to wake Joey. He looked so peaceful in his sleep and I knew he was tired, we had stayed up incredibly late talking.

"Hey, mom," I answered, hoping to sound cheerful.

In all honesty, I was incredibly sad. I knew Joey had to go on tour.

***

I went back into our bedroom to find Joey laying in our bed smiling. I made my way over to him and kissed his forehead.

The thought occurred to me that today was his last day at home before he had to leave for the Storytellers tour. I was sad that he had to leave, but I knew that he would only be gone for a small amount of time, and I knew that I would get a lot more done around the apartment with him gone. I couldn't get anything done with him there, he was so incredibly handsome that it was all I could do not to stare. I had every intention of holding him to his promise of calling me at least once a night; I knew he would, he was the best boyfriend.

"Good morning, handsome boy."

He pulled me into the bed with him and held me close to his chest.

We stayed in bed all day until Joey had to finish packing for tour. He hurried through his packing so that we could have as much time together as possible before he had to leave.

***

Tears filled my eyes as Joey and I said goodbye before he boarded the plane. I didn't want to be without him for a whole 10 days, I knew that the days would drag on without him; it was what he wanted though, and I was proud of him for Storytellers. I knew how hard he had worked on it.

"I'm going to miss you so much, Scarlet. I promise to call you at least once a night. I love you so much."

"I'm going to miss you too, JoJo. But I know this is important for you, and I love you."

He gives me one last kiss, it lasts longer than all of the others, but not long enough. Then we depart.

***

It's nearly lunch time and I realize that we don't have much to eat at home since I had intended to go to Erewhon, Whole Foods, or Trader Joe's today after Joey left. I decided I would go to lunch and then run my errands.

Nothing really sounds that appetizing, I mostly just miss Joey. I quickly choose a small cafe to have lunch at and order a grilled chicken salad with vinaigrette dressing.

***

After my trip to the grocery store I return to my apartment and put away all of the groceries. The house is so empty and quiet without Joey. I wonder what he's doing on the plane at this minute. Could he be sleeping? Maybe watching a movie or reading a book?

I anxiously await his call to tell me that he arrived at his first tour destination with Whitney and Nicole.

I'm not sure what I'll do while Joey is gone. I know that I should clean the house- something that is very hard to get done when Joey is around- and I could probably pick up on some new recipes to try out that he would like.

***

I can hear my phone going off in the bedroom as I'm taking a shower. Assuming it's Joey, I quickly turn the water off and wrap myself in a fluffy towel so that I can answer the phone.

Just as I expected, it's Joey.

"Hello, sweetheart. I miss you," he says as soon as I pick up.

His voice is so sweet, it brings tears to my eyes when I remember that he won't be here with me tonight.

"Hi, Joey. I miss you, too."

"What are you doing right now," he whispers.

I contemplate whether or not to share with him that I had just been in the shower.

"Actually I was in the shower when you called."

"So what are you wearing," he asks seductively.

"Only a towel," I reply, "what are you wearing?"

"I just took a shower as well, I'm only wearing boxers."

***to be continued***

Thank you so much for 80 reads, the last time I checked we were only at 5 reads! I'm so happy! I'll try to update again tomorrow :) please tell your friends about my story!