Joey Graceffa's Roommate

Part 5:

When we returned home that evening I planned to go straight to my room with all intentions of laying in bed and reminiscing the entire- if you would even call it a date- date. Joey must have had other plans though, because as soon as we sneaked into the apartment- it was late and we didn't want to wake the neighboring apartments- he grabbed my waist and kissed me deeply, yet softly.

While I was missing out on my own plans, I was enjoying his more. However, after a few delicious kisses, I began to think maybe it was wrong to be practically making out after our first date. Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it, but I knew in the back of my mind that if we rushed things there was a larger chance that they would end badly, and that was the last thing I wanted to happen to us, considering we lived together and I really did like him.

I pulled away from Joey's kisses, but I let his hands linger on my waist, because, well I liked it and as far as I was concerned I was allowed to have some of the things I wanted. As soon as I pulled away a look of panic enveloped his face and I knew he was worried about hurting me.

"Joey, I had a great time tonight and I really do like you, but I don't think we should be doing this right after our first date..." It was hard to shoot him down like that, but I knew it was right and it would be better for us in the long run.

A look of relief crossed his eyes and I knew that he was okay with the fact that I wasn't ready, or maybe even more than okay, maybe he agreed with my thoughts. Either way, I was glad that I wasn't disappointing him, because I knew that that would have made it harder to stay away.

"I feel the same way, I don't want to rush things with you. I really like you and I want this to work," he said.

I put my hand on his muscular chest, leaned in, and kissed him once before announcing that I was going to bed and I'd see him in the morning. I assumed he was doing the same, it was pretty late.

***

I awoke to a light tap on my door followed by a sleepy Joey standing in my doorway.

"Good morning, Scarlet." His voice was smoky and rough. If that was his morning voice, I wanted nothing more than to spend every morning with him for the rest of my life. It was deep and beautiful and everything I had ever imagined.

Although I knew it would be rushing our relationship, I contemplated asking him to lay with me, just so I could feel his warmth next to me. I reconsidered though, knowing that that would be taking things way too fast, but a girl can dream.

"Hi, Joey," I whispered.

He smiled at me, then walked into my room and sat on the floor next to my bed taking my hand in his.

"I have a very special night planned for us tonight. I bought you a dress, it's in the living room on the couch."

I couldn't wait for our date, and you know, maybe we wouldn't take things so slow. I was finding him rather irresistible.

_______________

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! What do you think about them taking things slow?

I'm going to try to update tomorrow, I'm working on the next chapter now and let me tell ya, it's a good one!