Loneliness, Dolce and Distractions

Start from the beginning

Her palms were sweaty against the steering wheel and her heart was beating at a hundred miles an hour as she parked her car and stepped into her house. The aura was extremely dark and dreary, she could hear the echo of her sneakers hitting the marble floor beneath her and resounding around the spiralled staircase. In her mind, she compared her house to Chase's warm and comfortable home and couldn't help it as a bitter feeling overcame her. As she made her way over to her room and got ready for bed she felt this cold feeling inside her- a cold feeling of how she felt when her father had first left, a feeling of utmost loneliness and abandonment. However, it did not last long as her face hit the pillow she felt her body succumb to sleep.

12:20

As she stood in the bathroom of The Stanton Social she looked over her appearance. She had opted for a simple yet elegant makeup look with light eyeshadow and a soft pink shade of lipstick. She chose a ankle-length, full body, powder blue dress and a pair of her beige Louboutins, a stark comparison from her usual attire of ripped jeans and an oversized t-shirt. After all, she was meeting the world's best lawyer not going to fifth-period biology. Looking at her now, anyone could easily see that she was filthy rich, usually, Skylar never went out of her way to flaunt it, but today she decided to go all out.

Her mother had always insisted that money was meant to be shown off, but Skylar never felt comfortable doing so and her mother wasn't the best example to live by. She could walk into school in her designer Moschino shirt with her Roberto Cavalli jeans all tied together with the newest Gucci belt but she never did because she knew the power money held, she knew it had the capability to ruin lives not because money itself was evil but because people were greedy.

However, today was different, as she looked at herself in her Dolce dress she felt as though she had to wear it so her own father won't look down at her. So, as she finished checking her hair and makeup she stepped back from the mirror- she didn't look anything short of regal, her eyeshadow complimented her dress and brought out the colour of her eyes and her contour was sharp enough to kill. Her hair was straightened and together she looked stunning- but she did not look like herself

She looked like someone who she always wished she could look like.

Startling herself she realised that

She looked like her mother.

12:50

Tap

Tap

Tap

She tapped away at the tap nervously as she sat at the table waiting for her father. She felt nervous, it wasn't a jittery type of nervous- but rather the type of nervous that emitted from the bottom of your stomach. She had been waiting twenty minutes, yet her father was not here yet, and he wasn't someone who was late. She kept having doubts that maybe he forgot- or even worse, that he simply didn't care enough to show up. Her heart was beating fast and her anxiety was peaking as she skimmed over the menu for the tenth time that morning.

From the corner of her eye, she saw a familiar face come into view, it was her father.

"Hello, darling it's been a long time," He said as he took a seat across from her. She sunk in his appearance because God knows when she would see him next. He had the same dark hair, dark eyes and tan skin due to his South Asian descent. His jet black hair had not changed at all and there were no evident signs of ageing except for the slight appearance of wrinkles under his eyes which would have been hard to spot for anyone but her. However, the one thing that caught her off guard was his demeanour, he was acting as if he had merely dropped her off at a friends house for the weekend, let alone departed her life for two whole years.