Backstory

Savannah

She tested the name on her lips. 

"Joseph." She said, looking into Simon's eyes.

"Yup. I met him at a concert a few weeks ago. Didn't think we would click. But I guess I was wrong. You two would get along quite well I think."

Savannah shook her head. She was too busy. With just graduating from college and only with a small job, she was already confused. 

This wasn't the first time Simon had tried to introduce someone to her. Countless times before she kept getting bored. "I guess it's good he's looking out for me," Was the only thought that kept her going with all of this.

Savannah lived by herself in a small apartment. She worked at BBC and was quite happy with her job. She didn't pay much attention to the people around her because she already had enough people to talk to. 

"Savannah? Did you hear me?" Simon asked, snapping Savannah back down to the ground.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"I asked if you wanted me to introduce you to him. Is that a yes?" He asked, trying to get Savannah out of her shell.

"No Simon, I don't need this right now."

"That was one and a half years ago! Wouldn't you be over it by now?" Simon was getting aggravated.

One and a half years ago Savannah had gotten into the best relationship she had ever witnessed. His name was Ian. He had golden hair and always wore sweatshirts. Ian brought her happiness, and she did the same to him. They were both happy. But one rainy night Ian forgot to pick up Savannah. So she had to walk home. When she got back to their shared apartment, she saw Ian with a girl. But not just any girl, someone she had known for a while. Whenever that memory came back she started to hysterically cry, and shut herself away, thinking it was all her fault.

"Savannah, come back!" Ian yelled after her. The girl on the couch with him didn't care. She tried to continuously kiss him. Ian pushed her away. The next day Savannah got her stuff when Ian wasn't home. She hasn't seen him since.

Joseph 

Music came on and the man next to him screamed.

"Are you okay?" Joseph asked the person next to him.

"Sorry, I'm just really excited!" He yelled over the loud noises at the concert.

"I'm Joseph." He held out his hand and he shook it.

"I'm Simon."

Flash forward a week, and the two were hanging out.

"Savannah." He tested the name on his lips.

"Yep. I think you two would get along quite well." Simon started, trying to get the two to be friends.

"Don't tell me you're gonna be the one person that tries to get his friends to go on blind dates right? Because I just had to break up with someone." Joseph said, a little miffed.

"This isn't working out," Joseph said to the poor girl standing in front of him, teary eyed.

"I-I-I'll just try harder! I promise everything will work out, I'll find the time! Please!" The girl was still in college. She was also working part time. She and Joseph never got to see each other anymore.

"Please don't hate me," Joseph said looking down, not wanting to ruin their friendship.

"It's hard not to." She was on the verge of tears.

"I know."

"Did I do something wrong?" Tears strolled down her cheeks like there wasn't a tomorrow. 

"Of corse not. I want you to be with someone you can see on a normal basis. And I feel like that won't happen if we stay together. And I don't want to make you wait until you graduate to see me."

Her arms went around his neck and pulled herself into him, avoiding lips and just hugging. 

"Please don't let this be a goodbye?" She asked, crying.

"Of corse not." He smiled a warm smile, happy that they would stay friends. But that didn't happen. He hasn't seen her since.