Chapter 6

It took a while but Adrien and Marinette got used to the future. Extra precautions were taken to avoid akumas. Eventually the two heroes couldn't stand by and do nothing.

"We have to help, I can't just watch these akumas running wild."

Marinette stated, grasping the attention of the kids, kwamis and Adrien.

"I agree, 100%" Adrien nodded.

"Absolutely not. We have to save mum and dad first." Hugo crossed his arms.

Adrien turned to Hugo, "Listen Hugo, I know this is hard for you, but if you want to save your parents, we need to act quickly. And we will have more time to focus when akumas aren't running around destroying everything."

"Fine, I guess you could, but I'm NOT babysitting those two!" He huffed, pointing at Emma and Louis, currently playing together on the floor.

.......
With the kids safety away at home, the two heroes stood in the roof.
"Are you ready, M'lady?" Adrien smirked.
Marinette rolled her eyes, "Yes you doof."

"Tikki spots on!"
"Plagg claws out!"
........

"So we need to chat M'lady." Cat Noir landed beside Ladybug, who was surveilling the area.

"What is it, kitty?" She responded.

"Well, since we are so called 'married' are you willing to tell me why my darling wife was so shy around My model self, but so sassy around this innocent little kitten?"

Ladybug smiled and turned to him. "Are you fishing for a confession, because I thought we already covered that."

"Please bugaboo, I really need to hear it right meow," he responded, trying is best to have puppy dog eyes, or I guess kitten eyes.

Apparently it worked, because she turned around and put her hand in her hands. "Why do you have to be so adorable sometimes?!"

"It's part of my charm,"

"Well, fine. I guess I'll tell you everything." She took a deep breath.
"I have a huge crush on you Adrien. And even though I hated to admit it to myself, I had a crush of Cat too."

He didn't respond. But he continued to look at her.

"Now let me explain, the reason why I didn't really like Cat Noir is because I forced myself to be loyal to Adrien. Although it was kinda pointless, I mean, I ended up falling for both of you anyway."

She continued.

"Adrien, I really do love you for you. I love the person without the mask, and the person with it. Because they are both you, and that's who I love."

"Thanks Marinette." He whispered.

He held her hands, and stared into her eyes. "Fairs, fair right? The reason why cat was always flirting with ladybug, is because he was in love with her. But as time went on, I became connected to Marinette, and I ended up falling for her too. But this adventure through time, has helped me see the real you Marinette, and you are a hero with or without the mask."

Marinette smiled, a real smile. One that was rare in this difficult time.
"I feel like I'm going to remember this moment, in the future. Which we are already in." She chuckled.

To this, he softly cupped her cheeks, and kissed her. And it was better than she had ever dreamed.