Chapter 5

"Wow the fashion of the future is really cool. I really like it," Marinette stated looking around.

"You should, you designed most of it." Emma said. "Wow, my designs influence the fashion industry in the future?!" Marinette thought.

"It honestly isn't what I'd expect the future to be. It's kinda dark and gloomy." Adrien said.

"Well that's because Ladybug and Cat Noir have been kidnapped. This city needs protecting, there are akumas running around all over he place." Hugo replied coldly.

'He sure has a way to darken the mood. Where on earth does he get it from? I'd like to think Marinette and I are positive.' Adrien pondered.

The group walked into a clothes store and where immediately greeted by a cashier.
"Hello how may I help yo.. Oh. My apologies Mr and Mrs Agreste. I didn't recognise you. Your both looking so youthful today."

"Yhaaaaaa!, don't be silly!" Emma screamed, her arms flying around.
"Mummy and Daddy are the same old people. Anyways where looking for some of the latest designs, you know just to buy." Emma said nervously, scratching the back of her neck.

Flustered at the sudden outburst from the little girl, the cashier regained her composure. "Certainly, follow me."

.....

Marinette and Adrien had tried on countless outfits and purchased a few. During this time the cashier revealed that business was slowing down, customers are becoming rarer as they opt to stay indoors due to akumas.

"Maybe we should capture some of these akumas." Marinette spoke after returning to their home.

"Are you crazy! The collector will find out that someone is curing the akumas you'll be hunted down. Just like mum and dad." Emma retaliated.

"Well, it just makes sense, the least we can do is help out."

"Ok fine, just not yet. We need you to check in on our family and friends, let them know that we're  okay. You see they still don't know the secret." Emma replied, calming down. "You just need to call
Gran-père and Gran-mère, Aunty Alya and Uncle Nino and Grandfather."

"So my parents are your Gran-père and Gran-mère" Marinette asked, receiving a nod.

"That must mean the my dad is your Grandfather... You didn't mention a grandmother which means mum hasn't come back." Adrien said softly, his face becoming apparent of sadness.

Marinette, became increasingly worried, went to comfort him pulling him in for a hug. "Hey don't worry kitty, I promise we'll get her back. Not matter what!"

"Thank you Marinette, you really are amazing."

......
"Are you crazy! We were so worried! Guys we are your best friends! I thought you had been captured!" Alya exclaimed over a video call.

"Honey calm down. We know Adrien and Marinette are ok. " Nino said, he had definitely gained more composure as he matured. "Anyways how are you munchkins holding up?"

"What?" Marinette and Adrien exchanged a glance.

"Your children! You dummies!"  Alya exclaimed once again.

"Right! They're fine. I mean they're all a little shaken up. But it's a scary time." Adrien jumped in. It was taking a while to get used to being a parent.