Done

You packed everything up and carried Gai and Lee's things, trailing behind them as they headed for the front gates. Along the way, they were stopped by several men, all of which seemed very sad to see them go.

They didn't pay any attention to you, of course.

It took quite a while to actually make it to the exit because everyone in the dang town seemed absolutely smitten with Gai. Well, he is a very likable person.

You didn't really mind the wait, but there was one thing you most definitely did not want to be around for. You jittered up and down, unable to keep still from the anxiety. 'Come on, come on, come on...'

"Lee!"

Crap. Birch shoved his way through, his dark skin standing out in the mostly-white-person crowd. Lee turned from whoever he'd been saying goodbye to and looked toward the voice that had called his name.

Birch grabbed Lee's hands and held them tight, knitting their fingers together. He was gasping for breath, having obviously run the whole way there. When he finally got his breath back he said, "Lee! Don't go! Please!"

The desperation and pain was plain in his voice. You almost felt sorry for him.

Lee's expression softened and he gently removed his hands from Birch's. "I am sorry to leave you, but I cannot stay in one place, Birch. It would drive me crazy."

"Then let me come with you!"

Lee shook his head. "You know you would regret your decision. Your place is here and my place is not."

Birch's shoulders slumped in defeat. "You're right... But, at least let me..." The pretty boy hesitated a moment, one hand in his pale hair. Then he reached up, put one hand on the back of Lee's neck, and kissed him.

It took every drop of willpower to not break that boy's neck, right then right there.

Lee was very confused, you could see it on his face. He uncertainty brought one hand up to touch Birch's arm.

Pulling away, Birch grabbed hold of Lee's hand for a brief moment before turning on his heel and running away as fast as his legs could take him.

Gai grabbed Lee by the arm and hauled the stunned boy behind him, pushing his way through and finally managed to step out of the village. Choruses of farewells followed them as they made their way out.

None of them noticed the absence of a certain girl.

~~~
You crept along the edges of the crowd, sneaking along the wall to leave the village. Still following the wall, but the outer side this time, you headed along it, letting the wood touch your shoulder so that it would be hard for someone to inadvertently spot you.

You and your shaking follower.

Petal clung to your sleeve as you led the way out, letting out frightened mewls. You clapped a hand over her mouth and continued on until you reached the relative safety of the trees.

"Okay, we're safe. They shouldn't be able to see us through the trunks."

Petal collapsed to the ground, hugging her knees to her chest. You tired to get her to move, but the fear of the punishment she would face if she was found and brought back froze her muscles.

No matter. You were trained by Might Gai himself. This small wisp of a girl wouldn't be much of a problem. Grabbing hold of her, you threw her over your shoulder and continued on.

~~~
"(Y/N), what the heck." Gai looked at Petal in confusion. "Where did she even come from?"

"She's just a friend... And I couldn't just leave her." Petal hid behind you, shaking in fear of Gai and Lee.

Lee stepped forward and tipped his head with curiosity. "Well, I suppose it does not really matter so long as we are home before they realize she is gone."

"Exactly." You dropped your arm around Petal's shoulder for a moment, but when Lee opened his arms you went to him instead.

Lee held you close, burying his face in the crook of your neck and letting out a shaky breath of relief. "I am so happy to be able to hold you again."

"Me too, Lee... Me too." You gently kissed the side of his head, rubbing his back in an effort to calm him down before he started cry.

It didn't work.

Lee started to cry, which made Gai cry, which made you cry, which made Petal cry.

After a while, you all managed to stop crying for a little bit and you hastily tried to explain to Petal that Lee was your fiancé, not your owner, and that Gai was a father to you. They were gentle men, with hearts made of gold.

She didn't understand.

So, you, Gai, and Lee ended up having to explain the way things worked in the Leaf Village for basically the entire trip back.

Well, almost the entire trip. You and Lee still had the nights to yourselves.