"How old are they?"

"In their late teens. Seventeen, eighteens, and nineteen." I said taking a sip of my lemonade.

"I thought you said it was one guy?" Edward asked. "You told me it was one."

I know. Baby, I'm sorry. "I tell you a lot of things."

He rolls his eyes and turned to Sara, sparking up a conversation and that hurt even more. He's ignoring me.

"Daddy!"

We all turned to the doorway of the house and Aliby was standing there. Oh, my baby girl.

"Daddy!" She yelled again, this time laughing and running out the house. She ran right over to Edward and hopped onto his lap, clinging to his torso. "Daddy, do you think maybe I could have some ice cream?"

He chuckled. "Do you know what time it is?"

"It's ten o'clock, but —"

"Right. And when is your bed time again?"

"Six, but —"

"So what do you think my answer is?"

She sighed. "No."

"Thatta girl!" He said. She pouted and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Oh no. That doesn't work with me." He placed her beside him and she just sat there pouting. Then she looked over to me.

"Mumma, can I get some ice cream?" She asked, moving to stand infront of me.

"What did your father say?"

"Ugh gosh. Parents!" She yelled frustrated before sitting back down. We laughed and went back to our separate conversations.

I didn't realize that Sara had tugged Edward away.

/Edward's POV/

"You what?!" I whisper-yelled at Sara.

"I'm breaking up with you, or whatever we were." She said nonchalantly.

"But —"

"No Edward. You aren't over her and she isn't over you. It doesn't matter what you say this time you cant make me change my mind." She said. And I gave up.

"Alright."

"So are we okay? We still mates?" Sara said as she walked inside the. I followed.

"Yeah."

"Well, I hope you understand why I'm doing this. Its cause I care about you."

"I know, Sara. I'm not as naïve as I was before."

"Okay."

I walked her out to the gates and called her a cab. Once the Black Cab came up, Sara hugged me and then she pressed her lips against mine.

"It was nice while it lasted." She said. I smiled and nodded before opening the door for her. She slid in gracefully because that's what Sara is to me, graceful — sent me one last smile.

"Hey, you still my date to the awards right?" I asked.

"Of course." She said. "See you Tuesday."

"Yeah, Tuesday."

And just like that, she was gone.

We all sat inside the house later that night. Blair had assured me that she transfered her money over to my account. It was quiet. Every child was still asleep except for Aliby. She just cant sleep some times and I'm guess she gets that from me.

We were playing a gave of checkers on my moms iPad. I was sitting in the recliner and she sat up on my lap. I was bored. And cold. And tired.

"Aliby?"

"Sir?" She asked looking back at me.

"What do you want to do next week?"

"What's next week?" She asked.

I laughed, "your fifth birthday, silly."

"Oh. Well, I don't know. Surprise me." She said.

"Are you sure? Is their anything specific you want?" I asked. I'm terrible at surprises.

"Well, there is one thing. . .but. . ."

"But what?"

"I think its inhumanly possible to get it." She said.

Sometimes I hate when she uses words like that. She just shows that she doesn't have a child hood. Aliby is so smart that she's just completely bypassing 'being-a-kid'. Every little thought and mind trick to her is straightened out.

She knows there is no Santa Clause; said there's no way a fat man can live in such temperatures with miniature kids, and reindeer's and survive. She knows there isn't a tooth fairy because there is just no way possible a little fairy can do all of that work for teeth. And don't get me started on magic. Aliby can write a book about how magic is just an illusion.

"And how is that?" I asked.

"Unless you can get Cody Simpson and lock him in the closet of my room then there's just no way." She said in all seriousness.

I chuckled. "I'm sorry."

"Oh no, its fine. We don't want daddy going to prision for hiding a teenage popstar into my closet." Al said before laughing.

"You are really weird. Sometimes I just wanna see what's going on in that head of yours."

"Well, right now, I'm still in the mood for ice cream, but we all know the answer to that. . ." She said. I just rolled my eyes and she sent me a smile. "What's tomorrow's adventure?"

"Well, daddy has to go with mumma to finalize some things, then we need to pack for New York." I said.

"Ugh! I hate packing." She said.

"You don't even do anything!" I complained.

"Yeah, but watching you makes me tired." She said.

"Oh my gosh, you know who she sounds like?" My mom said before looking over to my father.

"Don't do that Moni." Dad said making us crack up.

"You're a loser." Aliby said to me.

"I'm a loser?" I said looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah. I'm sleepy." She said moving the tablet, curling up to my chest. I wrapped an arm around her.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you, too, loser." She responded, kissing my cheek before curling back  into my chest.

"She's a special one, Edward. Congratulations." Thadd said.

"Thank you."

________________________________

Someone get me a Niall Horan for Saint Patrick's Day pls?

xBreHoran