twenty: pills

CHAPTER TWENTY:

| calum’s pov |

My hands shook from nervousness. Should I do it? She might just be working under her disorder; it wasn’t her whole fault. 

But it felt like the right thing to do; the reason she’d stop her obsession with perfection. She’d stop being a doubter and start being Lynette– the real Lynette.

“She’s going to forget things; you know that,” I reminded myself; the part of me who wanted to stop what I was about to do. 

I gripped the bottle in my hands, fixed on my earlier decision. “But she’s going to forget the bad memories– I’m the bad memory.”

Fixing the pharmacist uniform I had on, I found myself lucky for being accepted in here. I did take up medicine as a course, but I stopped studying to focus on the real world, which included not studying and Lyn. No, Lynette. 

The small hospital I was now working at was the only place where Lynette got her medicine, and knowing her, she wouldn’t go out of her way to go to another place for her pills. 

This is why I chose to work here, so that my plan will happen smoothly. I just needed to conceal myself for a while, until she entirely forgets about me and everything we’ve been through.

I was doing this to stop her, not to hurt her, right?

I’m just doing this for her. I’m doing this for her, not for me. I’m doing this because I loved her, and I want her to get better.

Not for revenge. It’s not for revenge. 

Or is it?

“Calum, have you seen th–“ 

I cut off my co-worker from saying anything further and hand him the bottle I held. “Here’s the anti-depressant pills you were looking for!” I gave him a grin, which he returned.

“Thanks. I’ve been looking for this everywhere!” He walked off to give it to Lynette, whose eyes were red and sore. 

It made me feel bad, yet I wondered why I wasn’t as affected as I was supposed to be. Is it because I really did this for me to do what she did to me?

Whatever the case was, I didn’t want to think about it right now.

I just needed her to drink those pills, and she’ll be alright.