fourteen: easy

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:

| calum’s pov |

That was close. It was a good thing she bought what I said, if she asked any more, I wouldn’t have anything else to answer. 

Her hand, surprisingly, stayed with mine. I didn’t want to admit it, but I missed this. I missed her.

But things just weren’t the same anymore– we weren’t the same anymore.

I swear that I’m not going to make the same mistake. I have to plan everything I say and do perfectly. I couldn’t risk letting this chance get away.

“We’re here,” she announced, a light squeeze on my hand following soon after.

Staring at her house, I found myself stopping for a while, letting my hand let go of hers. This was where I’d usually spend my days with her, other than the coffee shop.

Her house was small, yet it had enough space for the two of us to enjoy. I could say it was one of the things that I looked forward to going to before.

Lynette opened the door for me to enter, and that’s when I realize how naïve she is, up until now. A simple gesture like that with the wrong person, and she’d be a goner.

Well, I am the wrong person, but I wouldn’t go to that extent.

Shaking my head, I stay outside. “So, this is when I get a good night’s kiss.”

She giggled, her grey eyes showing off real amusement. 

I figure my attempt to be cheeky to be a fail, so I turn away. But of course I know she’ll catch up to me; she will.

I start to walk, counting down. 

Three.

Two.

One.

“Wait!” She called, and I hear her footsteps coming quick. 

Trying to stop the smirk on my face from forming, I put on a perplexed one. “Yeah?”

Before I know it, I felt her lips on my cheek. She pulled away in a second and runs inside her house, shutting the door loudly. 

At that moment, I was certain on one thing.

She was so easy.