thirteen: more

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:

| lynette’s pov |

He doesn’t retract his hand from mine and instead, gave me this smile– a sad kind of smile. I look for any kind of initiative from him; an initiative to tell me what was wrong.

But there wasn’t any.

“Do you want some more?” Calum motioned towards the empty cup in front of me, and I stopped, a part of my head having some kind of realization.

“You’re asking for more, Lyn! I can’t give you any more than this!”

The voice was familiar, but it was fading, so I couldn’t put a finger on who it was. It was a guy’s, that I was sure of. But who could it be?

“Lynette? Are you there?” I feel a hand squeeze mine, and my cheeks immediately turn pink. 

He should stop it; I can’t be falling in love on the first date. This wasn’t what I imagined myself to be. I’m supposed to follow my schedule and never ever change plans.

But here I am, in a lovely coffee shop, with a lovely guy.

I hear a chair being pulled and found Calum sitting next to me with a puzzled look on his face. I imitated his expression, finding it a bit entertaining yet fitting in a situation like this.

He smiled, kissing my cheek faster than I can say ‘what?’. 

Now, I’m pretty sure I was flushed red. What does he think he’s doing? You can’t just kiss someone out of the blue! 

I mean, alright, it was a kiss on the cheek, but it was still a kiss. Considering we had no contact outside of the hospital other than this and at the convenience store, he shouldn’t have done that.

He’s laughing– really? 

I try not to say anything, scared that I might blabber on how he shouldn’t have kissed my cheek or ask so many questions that he’d be annoyed. I just stared at him, dumbfounded and flustered.

Calum, whose hand was still holding mine, pulled me up and threw something on the table– money, probably. He walks past the odd waiter, who winks at me, and brings me outside. 

He doesn’t look at me and keeps walking in a familiar direction. 

“Where are we going?” Curiosity was getting the best of me; we couldn’t be heading to my house, right?

“I’m bringing you home, of course! It’s past your curfew.” 

Confused as to how he knew the way to my place, I stared at him.

His brown eyes look at me with the same amount wonder. 

“How’d you know which way to go?”

He coughed, awkwardly turning away from me. “Lucky guess.”