The Revelation

Začít od začátku

The others look to Hogun, understanding the implication.

Fandral shakes his head, "Loki's always been one for mischief, but you're talking about something else entirely."

Sif steps down closer to the fire. "Who else could elude Heimdall's gaze with tricks of light and shadow?" She says pointedly.

Volstagg raises an eyebrow "The ceremony was interrupted just before Thor was named King."

Sif nods, "We should go to the Allfather."

Fandral laughs incredulously,

"And tell him what? Oh, by the way, we think your son just betrayed the throne. And do us a favor. Bring back Thor. There's a good fellow!"

Sif looks from Volstagg and Hogun to Fandral. "It's our duty. If any of our suspicions are right, then all of Asgard is in danger."

~*~*~*~

Saga appears beside Loki on the steps of the weapons vault. She watches as he approaches the Casket. He reaches out and carefully lifts it off its stand. Saga steps up beside him watching as the blueness creeps up his arms. The doors open behind him and Odin steps in.

"Stop!"

Loki stands frozen in place holding the casket tightly in his hands. "Am I cursed?"

"No."

"What am I?"

Saga looks to Odin silently praying he answers truthfully.

"You are my son."

Loki sets the casket down and turns to face Odin. The blueness had spread and now covered his whole body. "What more than that?" His skin returns to normal as he starts walking toward Odin. "The casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day was it." He stops at the bottom of the stairs and looks up at his father.

"No. In the aftermath of the battle I went into the temple and I found a baby. Small for a giant's offspring. Abandoned...suffering...left to die. Laufey's son."

Saga stands by Loki's side unable to comfort him, unable to give him the reassurance he needs. Helplessly watching as Loki tries to make sense of it all. "Laufey's son?"

"Yes."

"Why?" his face a mixture of confusion and anger, "You were knee-deep in Jotun blood. Why would you take me?"

"You were an innocent child."

"No. You took me for a purpose, what was it?" Loki's anger beginning to rise. He looks to Odin for an answer. Odin stands silently looking down at him.

"Tell me!!" Loki screams at him.

"I thought we could unite our kingdoms one day. Bring about an alliance, bring about a permanent peace...through you. Those plans no longer matter."

"So I am no more than another stolen relic, locked up here until you might have use of me."

"Why do you twist my words?"

"You could have told me what I was from the beginning. Why didn't you?"

"You are my son. My blood. I wanted only to protect you from the truth."

"Because I am the monster parents tell their children about at night?"

Saga takes a step toward Loki as tears fall down her cheeks. Her heart breaking to see him so distressed.

"Don't..." Odin's knees give out and he collapses to the floor.

Loki advances toward him his temper rising and his anger getting the better of him. "It all makes sense now. Why you favored Thor all these years. Because no matter how much you claim to "love" me, you could never have a Frost Giant sitting on the Throne of Asgard!"

Loki stands over Odin staring down at the now unresponsive king. Loki's face changes from anger to concern. He reaches out to touch the old mans hand.

~*~*~

A shadow and a sudden weight on her shoulder brings Saga crashing back to the reality before her. Her eyes fly open and she finds Fandral kneeling before her looking very concerned. He removes his hand from her shoulder and she jumps to her feet. "I must go."

Fandral follows her to the door "Has something happened? You were crying, what's wrong?" He asks quietly.

She turns and puts her hand on his cheek. "I am glad you are alright. But I must go speak with the queen. "

She leaves him standing in the door. He turns back to the others.

"Where is she scurrying off to in such a hurry?"

Fandral smiles and shrugs. "I guess our little mouse has a message to deliver."

((Chapters will get longer, it's hard to find good stopping points!))