Chapter 4

A Wicked Past

"How long has it been since you've seen them?" Dr Walker asked me

"About six months. After everything happened, I just couldn't have them be dragged down with me again." The thought of not having seen any of their faces in so long made me nostalgic. I missed Parkers lame jokes and Marks awfully healthy eating habits. Jason even started growing on me after what happened last Christmas with his kids .

I shook those feelings off. I had to look forward, I need to keep them safe. They can't be caught in the crossfire, not again. Ever since this entire shitshow started, I knew it wouldn't be an easy finish. I had to leave, I had a metaphorical gun to my head and I was backed into a corner.

"And what about Rose?"

"She betrayed me, but she didn't deserve what I did to her." No one deserves a punishment like that

***

I made my way towards her, sending a nod in the direction of my things for Mark to collect. My eyes never left hers. Her flaming curls tied in a tight bun on her head with her body hidden beneath a pair of plain jeans and a hoodie. Why does her casual make my heart race as if she's wearing nothing?

I stepped infront of her, desperately searching her eyes for a reaction that would be in my favour. The crowd ignored us as the next two fighters entered the ring. Their cheers drowning out her voice yet I hear every word she says as though the sound was made for my ears alone.

"When they told me there was a fighter named Reaper taking all the glory in this little town, I had not pictured you." She states firmly, breaking the silence within our bubble and letting her eyes travel my half naked and bruised form. I could not reply, words caught in my throat. My head made a nodding gesture in acknowledgment, not ready to have this moment between us end so quickly.

"To think I wanted an easy job for once," she mumbles to herself, voice just above a whisper. She leans against a wall as if an event like this has no impact on her. Maybe it doesn't. I lean forward, my hand next to her head on the wall, my body caging her in. A more literal description of the saying between a rock and a hard place had not existed until now. Her eyes spark with curiosity and lust as I dip my head to rest my lips against the pulse in her neck. Her artery tattooing her want onto my lips.

"You're here," I say, my heart skipping a beat as her familiar scent fills my nose and her short hairs tickle my cheek. Maybe I was a bit insane for wanting a stranger I knew nothing about. Maybe the countless of flings weren't doing it for me any more but all I knew in that instant was that I wanted her so badly that I was prepared to make her scream my name against the damn wall if she let me.