His Maid, New Beginnings

Mary drove her young master and Elise towards the Phantomhive manor, the horses having been fond of both her and her master for ages. The two stallions were very agreeable in nature, perhaps because (y/n) had raised them both from when they were but colts. He was quite fond of animals, as they couldn't care less about the standards of humans and simply enjoyed his company as he was.

"Erm, (y/n)? Quick question. I know we're allowed to just call you by your name when we're alone, but would you rather I call you my lord while around other nobility?" Elise was always a tad bit awkward about these things, but to (y/n) it was rather endearing. "You can still just call me by name, Elise. Don't worry about stuffy nobility and their rules, okay?" He waves his hand, as if brushing off any expectations of others. "I know that Mary will still address me as her lord, and that's quite enough of proper servants on my behalf. You're all like friends and family to me after all, there shouldn't be any sort of position barriers between us."

Elise knew that (y/n) had made a contract with Mary, and that the oldest servant was a demon. The entire household was aware of it. Secrets were kept outside of the group, but between master and servants of the (L/n) household there were no secrets. They trusted one another implicitly, and they were always lending one another a helping hand. (Y/n) couldn't help but to smile while thinking of the loving family he made for himself, but was snapped back to Earth when the carriage came to a stop. Their visit may have been a bit of a surprise one, but regardless (y/n) was greeted with the Phantomhive butler himself. From the rare outings and balls he attended alongside the Phantomhives, he knew that the butler's name was Sebastian.

"Welcome, earl (L/n)." The eighteen year old takes the butler's hand, getting out of the carriage. (Y/n) then turns around and helps Elise exit. "Thank you for the warm welcome as always, Sebastian." The group of three follow the raven haired butler into the manor, Mary constantly wary of the male demon for fear of losing (y/n)'s soul. Even if she couldn't have it herself, she would not stand for another demon interfering with her contract.

While half the reason that (y/n) brought Elise was her perception, the other was quite frankly due to experiences with the Phantomhive chef. He was a good man, but most people don't enjoy their food burned. The rather tall butler escorts (y/n) and Mary to his master's study; Elise going to familiarize herself with the kitchen.

Upon Sebastian knocking on his door, Ciel gives a curt "Come in." The blue haired earl didn't seem very pleased to be working with a partner on this case. 'Trust me, that makes two of us. Even if his butler does frequently buy teas from my business I'm not the fondest of Ciel himself. Perhaps I'm just being too quick to judge. After all... He does have a contract just like I do.' Ironically, the other earl was unaware of (y/n)'s maid. Sebastian only really told him things when it amused him or he was ordered to do so, whereas Mary tells (y/n) these things because she's determined to look out for him.

"Hello again (y/n). It's a pleasure to meet the Queen's snake in proper." Typically his identity wasn't known after all, people simply knew of him. "Likewise, guard dog." The tension between the two of them seemed to ease up as they got to the matter at hand. "Sebastian and I were going to go stay in one of our town houses during the investigation period. There's enough room for you and your servants, and as we are to work together we may as well use the town house as operation headquarters. Don't hold me back, snake."

'Curt as always, huh? That degree of bluntness is admirable in its own way.' It looked like the trio weren't going to be staying in the manor long, but getting to business quicker was more important. "Mary, would you get Elise ready to head back out? I'll go refresh Clay and Forrest to make sure they're okay to take us to the town house."

"Yes, my lord. I'm sure the horses will be alright, but your care for them is why they've become so strong in the first place after all." (Y/n) knew that despite his secrecy and his method of handling things for the Queen, this was the sort of person he really was. He cared for horses as if they were family and not simply a transportation method. His servants are so close to him and their opinions are all important; most nobility wouldn't even begin to care about that sort of thing. (Y/n) was different, in a good way. He only hoped that the others would feel the same.