The New Friends

Carrie, suprised, found herself at the docks of some sort of town that was literally on the water.

Out from the thin mist, came a little boy with golden blonde hair running in her direction.

Carrie peeked over Bubbie's fins to see the boy's arms stretching in her face. He was hugging her.

"Oh, I missed you too baby." Bubbie said to the boy.

The boy then peeked up to see...a girl...peeping over the edge of her fins

"Who's that Bubbie?" the boy asked curiously.

Carrie then leaned back from the edges of the fins, but Bubbie had already lowered them down so the boy could see.

"I found her almost drowning in the water, but I got her in my mouth and brought her here." Bubbie explained

The boy let out a shocked gasp and said "Oh no!" in worry and ran over to Carrie.

Carrie stepped off of Bubbie's fins and suddenly got nervous when the little blonde boy ran towards her.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you need surgery on anything?" the boy asked quickly as he was bobbing up and down.

Carrie was a bit nervous because the boy's reaction was so sudden and he was so...concerned.

"Um-" Carrie said but then Bubbie explained what happend

"Whoa! It's alright honey, she's okay! I mean she fainted a few times but she's still okay." Bubbie said

Carrie giggled and said "Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks for wanting to help though"

The little boy then put on a calm happy face and said, "I'm Flapjack! What's your name?"

Carrie thought that Flapjack was a pretty nice name for a boy and smiled.

"My name's Carrie." she replied

Flapjack thought that Carrie was...interesting. He liked her ginger red hair and how it seemed to curl at the ends, just like his did. He also liked her strange clothes.

There was an awkward silence for a moment, then Bubbie said:

"Flapjack, how about you go and show Carrie around Stormalong? And find K'nuckles while you're at it."

"Storm---along?" Carrie thought "That sounds so familiar"

"Who's K'nuckles?" Carrie asked

Bubbie frowned and said, "Just a grumpy, lazy, adventurer wannabe"

"You'll love him! He's the best!" Flapjack replied with a goofy smile and giggled

Carrie smiled excitedly and said, "Lead the way cap'n!"

Flapjack's face lit up when he heard that. He then jumped, pointed to the sky and yelled "ADVENTURE!" and walked towards the stairs leading to the top part of the dock.

Carrie blushed, laughed and yelled "ADVENTURE! " and ran to catch up with Flapjack who was almost at the main dock.

Bubbie smiled and shouted "Have fun you two!"

This was the start of a beautiful friendship.