chapter eight: tabloids and scandals

Start from the beginning

Yes, I have a heart you know, after the death of my parent my grandmother has always been my only pillar, she raised me to who I am today and that is why I fear and love only her.

She is everything to me.

"Then let me go scrub it off". I say as I headed to my room.

Hearing the voice of my grandmother, the voices of the servants, the sound my shoes make on the floor as I walk, the bright hallway leading to my room, and my wonderfully furnished bedroom, YES! They are right there is nothing like home.

I walked into my room and removed my jacket, placed it in the laundry basket, followed by every other thing on my body.

I walked to the adjoined door in my room, and entered into my lovely heaven, my bathroom.

I got into the shower and scrubbed my body hard to remove the smell of that place.

I was finally done with my ritual, I took the hand dryer to dry my hair, and wore my suit and was ready for work.

I went down stairs, ready to leave for work.

"Devin, are you not sitting for lunch since you skipped breakfast, and I'm sure you haven't eaten anything". My grandma said as I walked past the dinning area.

"No grandma, I'm not really hungry, and I have a lot of work to do, I'll grab something at work". I said heading out the door, I really am not hungry just angry at all that transpired last night till now, which for some crazy reason I can't remember.

Once I got out the driver was already waiting on my arrival, which is the usual.

Getting close to the car Robbin opened the back door for me to get in.

I gave him a nod of appreciation, before I got into the car.

I sat in the back of my wonderful RRS (Range Rover sport) the latest model, it was black, tinted black, and all the glass were also tinted, this car is actually my favorite.

Remembering I had a lot of work to do I took out my note tab, to go through the new project I'm recently working on, which is a very big one costing more than millions.

"Robbin, please can you drive faster I need to get to work in time for a meeting". I said in a very firm voice, 'cause right now, I could see from all the details that were sent to me there were a lot of errors that needed to be corrected before the meeting in the afternoon.

"Yes sir". Robbin said before increasing the speed of the car.

I felt the car stop and Robbin came to the back to open the car for me to come down.

Closing my tab, I got down from the car and was greeted by my one efficient P. A, I had told him of my arrival and he had come to wait for me, number one rule for my P. A is to always wait for me before I enter into the elevator, to enlighten me on the daily tasks.

"Sir, good...." He glanced at his watch before greeting me again "good morning sir". He said as we got closer to the elevator.

"Em, sir I'm so sorry about earlier, I was just worried". He said as he opened my elevator for us to get in and pressed my floor.