Chapter 8 - I Think I love You...

Start from the beginning

Marco's PoV

Arghhh! Why did I say that? While she was walking away, I just stood there. That's when Jackie started waking up. I dropped to my knees. "Jackie?!" She looked up at me. "Marco... Man it's good to see you again." I hugged her. We may not be dating, but we were still good friends. "You should've seen it, the school, there was this huge fire." She just looked at me. "I know, I remember blacking out. Did, did you save me?" She blushed. I smiled. "Well, I had to." She just smiled more. "You didn't have to do anything." She started to lean closed and closer to my face. I didn't stop her... At first at least. "Wait wait wait. Me and Star, we're..." Jackie leaned back. "Sorry, I lost control. I don't want to cause problems." She looked around, "Where is she." I got upset. "I kinda, well, messed everything up." Jackie looks at me and laughs. "That sounds like you... What happened?" I scratched my head, a little embarrassed. "I told her I loved her." Jackies eyes widened a bit. "Whoa Marco, that's a big step." She was right. "I know, it just slipped out! I didn't want to say it, well, I guess I did, because I do! I don't know..." Jackie looked at me. "Marco, go talk to her. She was just surprised. She'll open up to you." I couldn't help but smile and hug Jackie. "Jackie, thank you so much! You're a great person." She smiled back. "Go get her Marco." I stood up and ran home. Time to hash things out.

Star's PoV

*Knock Knock*

I hear knocking at the door. "Come in Marco." I knew what was going to happen. I knew he though. "Star we..." I interrupt him, "Need to talk? I know." He sits next to me on my bed. "I want to apologize for what I said." I just look at him. "Why?" He seems really nervous. "Well, because..." I interrupt him again. "Because you want to fix things between us. Marco, don't apologize for your feelings. But there is something else we need to talk about." I feel myself start to cry. Marco puts his hand on my shoulder. "Star, W-What's wrong." I refuse to look at him. "We can't be together." I feel my heart break as I say it, but I know it's true. "Star..." I cut him off. "Marco, there's too much going on. And things are weirder between us after we told each other how we felt." He pulls his hand off my shoulder and stands up. "I... I don't know what to say Star." I still don't look at him. "Marco..." This time, he cuts me off. "No don't 'Marco' me Star, this was your idea. Remember? This was your idea..." He starts to cry, and I'm crying too. I don't want to break up with Marco, but right now, with Toffee on the loose, we can't focus on each other. "Marco, you have to understand where I'm coming from." I finally look up at him. He looks back at me. "I do understand." His voice his softer. "But that doesn't make me happy with it." He sits back down next to me. "I'm not happy with it either..." I mumble. "Then why are we doing this? Why do you want to break things off?" Marco looks at me with so much sincerity. "Marco, I don't want to break things off, but we can't be together with Toffee out there hunting us." I could tell he still wasn't satisfied. "Marco, are we still gonna be friends." Marco looks at me. "Of course we're not gonna be friends Star..." My heart breaks when he says that, "we'll be best friends, like always." And now I feeling it peace itself back together. "Thank Mewni" I hug him. I wish the universe was fair...

Toffee's PoV

Oh no, when Eclipsa hears of this, she will be frustrated. I hesitate to enter her chambers, in fear of what might happen. Nonetheless, I enter. "Toffee? What news do you bring me?" I gulp. "Uhh, my Queen." I say, bowing. "Yes?" I just spit it out. "Star and Marco, are no longer together!" I'm fearful now. She stands up and slowly walks towards me. What's about to happen. When she reaches me, she smiles? "My lady, what seems to be worth smiling for? Our main plan is now void." She walked past me now. "Don't you see? With the boy out of the way, Star has one less person in her life we need to worry about." I'm still confused. "My lady, I..." She interrupts me. "We don't need to boy anymore. Now, our focus is shifted to the King and Queen." I love where this is going. "Fantastic..."