Chapter 1

So finally the first chapter.

Four weeks later

Link hummed, enjoying himself in the embrace of his current bed partner. Velvet lips caressed his neck drawing pleased sounds from his lips. Lithe hands pressed against his chest slowly easing lower and lower. He smiled in between kisses due to the anticipation not trusting his body to remain calm until his throbbing organ was attended to –

Angry shrieks coming from the newly done nursery made him jump out of bed and land right on his plush bedroom carpet.

"Ugh," He groaned realizing that he was all alone in his bedroom with no other company apart from his decent sized boner and the sound of the universes' laughter. He took up from the floor and grabbed his sleep shirt from the foot of the bed to wear.

"Coming," Link said tiredly but that didn't ease his mini housemate at all.

June was leaning against the railing of the cot, tiny fists grabbing the rails until the nursery door opened and his uncle came in. Link carried him up, easing up the infants' bum on his forearm. "Shhh, it's ok. It's ok little man. I thought you enjoyed sleeping through the night now?"

June sniffed, head snug against Link's shoulder. He placed him on the changing table and checked his diaper. It was dry so that wasn't the problem. The little grey and white alarm clock in the room told him that it was only 7 am and if they were strictly going by June's schedule, the baby wouldn't start demanding food for another hour.

"So why'd you freak out little man?" Link asked softly bouncing him.

At seven months, all the parenting books he had consulted assured him that June would sleep more nights and wake up less. It was true, but there was the occasional panic that June went into and his uncle couldn't figure out what the problem was. June had been with him for nearly a month now but every time he thought he had figured out his nephew, he was presented with yet another milestone no one had told him about.

His life had changed drastically.

For better or worse, he was still deciding. All he knew was that he seriously needed help.

June gnawed at his sleep shirt which Link took as a sign that the baby was now calm.

"Do you think you could just lie back quietly for an hour while Uncle Link decides to take a nap?" June's hold remained steadfast. Link sighed "Well it would be weird if you said yes wouldn't it now?"

June gurgled.

"Alright, let's go get you some food since you're already up," Link said. The duo went to the condo's kitchen where Link secured June in his booster seat with a Kermit the Frog plushie to keep him distracted while Link prepared the baby's oatmeal.

Other than June's soft coos and the boiling water threatening to bubble over, the kitchen was quiet. Link hadn't been used to such quietness in a long time. The life he lived was fast paced and on the edge. Early morning business calls, half naked bed partners prancing around and throbbing hangovers had been the staple in his life right until a month ago when the social worker came with June. When it happened, he had to take a leave of absence from his work after only two months as senior partner. His dating life, well, he didn't even want to go there. The most action he had was staring at an illustrated picture of a woman breastfeeding in one of the many parenting books he'd accumulated.

He was yet to decipher whether it was a blessing or a curse. But watching his nephew's visibly happy expression as wacked his plushie against the high chair, Link couldn't help but smile a bit. June's innocence and curiosity fascinated him.