Chapter XIII

After we binge watched the first 3 movies, we decided to go and have lunch with the rest of the birds.

We went back to my nest, and I decide to ask Jay some more questions.

"So, how exactly are we getting to the Death Beholders? Where's their hideout?"

"Uh, right now we're in the middle of a forest, in northern New Zealand, and the Death Beholders are somewhere in Tasmania."

"Oh, wow, so not far at all?"

"Yeah. Not really."

"So do you know what we'll have to face?"

"Just all the things that we've prepared for. If not, just try your best. There might be a bit of mental skills too."

I wince.

"Hey, I know you don't like it, but if you want to live, you'll have to face them and defeat them. You learnt how to control people's minds, didn't you?"

"Yeah," I say.

"You'll have to do that until they go crazy. Their brain will just overload and then shut down."

"Oh, cool!"

"I guess," he says with a grin.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

Mynah is taking an exceptionally long time to finish his flying lessons. But the day comes, and Mynah is blessed with the finishing award ceremony.

Everyone's been doing extra training with fighting for practice. I have. I know I'm going to need it.

"Fly freely, and fight fiercely."

"Thank you."

It feels like it's been a while since I was just finishing, but to be honest, it feels like just yesterday I was laughing about stupid things in class with the Arazap squad.

I didn't even tell them I was going. I just... left.

I wonder how they're doing without me.

We all clap for Mynah and he enters the horseshoe with the rest of us.

"So," says Jay. "Mynah's finished, so we're gonna do a week of training and then go to the Death Beholders. That's the plan."

"Sounds good," says Dove.

That's weird. I haven't heard her speak before. She's got a nice voice, silvery, you could say, like a fairy.

"So tomorrow," says Jay, "we'll start practicing and making sure we are fearless! I'm so proud of all of you. Have a good night, guys."

"Night," we all say and head back to our nests. Jay comes with me to mine.

"This is it," he says as we sit on my bed.

"This is it." I echo.

We smile at each other.

I kiss him, right on the lips.

He kisses me back, and nibbles my bottom lip a little bit. I push my tongue against his lips and he accepts. He opens his lips so I can slide my tongue in, and I do the same, so he can. Our tongues rub together for a little while, until we just have our lips doing the work.

We separate so we can catch our breaths for a moment, then get back into it. Tongues, saliva, lips; everything is just happening.

After another couple of minutes, we stop and just smile at each other.

"You make me happy," I say to him.

He grins back, still panting.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()