Chapter 25

One week.

We'd been here for one week. We'd been here for a week and I was finally starting to relax. London was beautiful and historical and had been my favorite place to live. It was my city, and I had finally started to settle in. Rose and I had been exploring all the little places I remembered, just taking in the city and relaxing. Of course, it had been going so well, I figured something was about to go wrong.

Rose and I were walking down a small side street a little over a week after we got here, and I could tell something was off with her. Her hands were shoved deep in her pockets, and her head was tucked down, so different from her normal confident stride. She was avoiding my gaze.

I was going mad. "Rose, what's going on?"

Her blue eyes flick up to mine, and something unspoken passes between us. She smooths out a nonexistent wrinkle in her shirt, and finally starts talking. "So, when we were at the club, Niall got my number."

I raise my eyebrows, hoping this had something to do with the cute Irishman, and not what I thought it did. "You got a band member's number? Nice job."

She sticks her tongue out at me before continuing. "He wanted yours too, but you left before he could get it. Anyway, he called me this morning. Said he had good news."

I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. This was going in a direction I desperately wanted to avoid. "Go on."

Rose rolls her eyes at me, but still looks nervous as to how I'm going to react to whatever she's about to say. "You know how they were looking for an opening act for their tour? Well, Niall and the other guys in his band looked up the boys. Your boys, that is, not mine. Anyway, they really loved them. They're flying them out here to talk to them about maybe touring with them. They're coming here. Today. And they may or may not be staying at the same hotel as us."

I stop walking, eyes widening. "What? Luke is coming here? Today?"

Rose links her arm through mine, dragging me with her to start walking again. "Not just Luke. Ash and Mikey and Cal too. But yes. They're gonna be here in a few hours. And they are staying in the same room as us."

I mutter a few choice expletives under my breath. "I thought this was supposed to be a time to get away."

I hadn't spoken to Luke since the ill fated night we got here, when he'd told me drunkenly that he wanted me. I didn't call him, and he didn't call me. I honestly didn't know how I felt about him right now. It's not that I didn't want to see him- it's just I had no idea how things would be between us. I wasn't sure how I would react to him being here in London with me, with memories of my time here with James drowning me at every familiar landmark. There was no denying that I still had feelings for Luke, but I was still irrationally pissed at him. And there wasn't really a way to avoid the fact that I had strongly considered Niall's offer to go home with him and let him 'blow my mind.' And now he was coming here, to the very place I had come to get some room to breath and sort through whatever I was feeling. I still didn't know how I felt about him. All I knew was that I had a giant tangle of feelings caught up in my chest and Luke was in the very middle of it, plucking at the strings and making it worse. All I knew was that I had an uncontrollable need for him, but he made me crazy.

"Well, it's happening, best to just accept it." Rose leads me into a coffee shop, seating me at a table in the back as she goes and orders.

I don't object- I just lay my head in my arms and let my mind run wild. I wonder when I let Luke in enough for him to be on my mind like this. I wonder when I decided to break my rule and make ties in Australia. I wonder why I miss him so much. I wonder why I'm still so pissed at him. I wonder why he had to break his promise. I wonder what I'm going to do when I see him today.