25 | paparazzi

25 | PAPARAZZI

Michael and Calista mended their relationship quicker than they expected

Michael and Calista mended their relationship quicker than they expected. The media's uproar about the drama diminished when they realized that Calista and Michael had gotten back together. Calista was singing Venus and Gisele to sleep when her phone began to ring wildly, disturbing their sleepiness.

Calista annoyedly answered the phone and greeted the unknown caller with a simple hello. "Cal, I have some big news!" A familiar voice belonging to Ms. Penelope Kline rang out through the phone.

"What is it now, Penn?" Calista groaned sarcastically, laughing.

"I've got you the best choreographer for the new tracks you made! He'll just be prepping you for future performances for awards shows, galas, charity events, concerts, etcetera etcetera." Penelope explained.

Calista shrugged, finding the idea quite smart and agreed, then ended the short conversation to finally put the children to sleep with another song. Once they were knocked out, she tiptoed back to she and Michael's room. Michael was laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling in the dark.

Calista giggled as his blank stare when she entered the room. She creeped into the bed and snuggled up against him. "I know you're going to hate me, but, I've got to go on tour for Dangerous." Michael told.

Calista widened her eyes, realizing that was she had planned with Penelope completely correlated with Michael's plans. "What if I perform on tour with you?" Calista suggested.

"Like a joint tour?" Michael looked over at Calista with wild eyes.

"Yes." Calista shrugged. Michael smiled widely and kissed her passionately.

When he pulled away Calista laughed. "I'm guessing that means yes?" She beamed.

* * *

In the following months leading up to the first concert in Munich, Germany, Calista worked on her choreography while Michael worked on his. They seemed to always be together in the dance room as they practiced, but they didn't mind. While they spent together, the collaborated on many things and were also beginning to slowly form an album that even featured their kids.

It was finally June and all the preparation Calista and Michael had put forth into the production of the tour caused them to get excited to see how everything came together at the first concert. Calista slid on sunglasses onto Venus and Gisele's small faces, warning them of the blinding lights the paparazzi would inflict on them as soon as they exited the car to enter their hotel.

Milani had already been aware of the drill and sat in her father's lap, readjusting her lenses so that it perfectly imitated her father's. She was Michael's complete twin. Everything he said, she would say and everything he did, she would do.

The black, suave car halted to a stop once the Jacksons had arrived to their hotel. The cameramen outside of the doors to the hotel were already there, lined up with their cameras in hand. The moment the chauffeur opened the door to the car, Gisele and Venus hopped out of the car with Calista following. They headed straight for the door, but unfortunately didn't make it due to the crowd.

The paparazzi screamed the three girls' names in hopes that they'd look at the camera. Calista smiled small and waved as he tugged along the girls through the mass with her guards ahead. Without notice, an arm reached out of the crowd and picked up Gisele with a swift move. Calista's heart dropped at the sight as she recalled memories of the man that attempted to steal Milani from her. "Michael!" Calista called frantically.

Michael witnessed the incident and ran, alongside the other guards to save his child from being taken. The guards hastily retrieved a very confused Gisele to Calista. Calista held her tightly, pressing her head to her chest. "Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god." She repeated, hyperventilating.

Michael was too busy yelling obscenities at the fan that simply wanted to physically touch the miracle child that came from two amazing artists. When Michael realized that the fan simply wanted to meet one of the Jacksons, he stopped yelling at her. "I'm sorry, just— don't grab people's kids like that. Come here." He opened up his arms, causing the guards to break their human blockade around him.

The fan began to break down into tears and she hugged Michael tightly. She released him quickly and apologized multiple times. Calista watched from the front door with a blank face, her emotions had been entirely mangled in that short minute. She was fearful for her child's life, she was in love admiring Michael's kindness and she was on complete defense mode for her children, eyeing every person in the crowd that even looked in her children's direction.

She and Michael's fans were crazy. They would do anything just to get a sniff of their scent, even if that meant getting escorted away from them.

Michael returned to the car to carry Milani inside of the hotel. Once the crowd saw that she was dressed exactly as Michael; the both of them were teasing Michael's Dangerous costume. The two were in all black outfits that were embellished in a gold belt and gold straps that formed an X. Calista had one quite similar, but she didn't want to wear it until the concert.

Michael walked up behind Calista and placed his hand on the small of her back, nudging her inside. "Let's go." He stated lowly, and with that— their adventure through the chaotic paparazzi and fans was over.