Rhysian disappeared. Adrianna faked low and then vaulted over his head, landing lightly on her feet. She smirked – until Rhysian spun, landing a sharp punch against her shoulder. Adrianna's body flew back ten feet, her fall broken by one of the lab tables.

Eve let out a startled cry at the violence.

Adrianna got up slower this time, but Claire could tell they both planned to continue their impromptu training session. "I can't watch this," Claire cringed and tugged on Eve's arm. "Come on. Let's get the supplies together."

"Gladly," Eve breathed and followed Claire.

After another hour of feral wrestling, Rhysian broke away and nodded, "That will have to do for now." Adrianna was panting, even though she didn't need the air. She nodded, a bit thankfully.

His eyes softened. He murmured encouragingly, "You did well."

Adrianna raised an eyebrow and muttered wryly, "If by 'well', you mean got my ass handed to me, then sure, I'll take that."

Rhysian let out a small stress-filled laugh.

"Weapons," Claire called out a reminder to Adrianna.

Adrianna nodded, "Right. Let's go." She and Rhysian went down through the hidden door on the floor, to retrieve weapons from the arsenal that Myrnin kept fully stocked; while Claire and Eve gathered blood and backpacks to carry the supplies.

Eve whistled as she turned to find the large pile of weapons now stacked on the floor next to Adrianna. Rhysian vaulted from the tunnel and landed on the floor.

Claire smiled at him and teased, "You found the flamethrower."

His lips curved into a satisfied grin as he held a violent looking contraption. "Firepower," he murmured with a hard glint in his eyes.

She tilted her head to the side, examining him and spoke, "Hmmm...it might be to our advantage to keep that hidden until you are ready for it. Hang on...I'll be right back. Claire went to the bedroom and rummaged through Myrnin's closet until she found a large black trench coat he used occasionally for sun protection. She brought it back to Rhysian and said, "Here, put this on and let's see if it is enough to keep the flamethrower hidden."

He slid his arms in and tucked the weapon into his coat. Claire grinned and joked, "You look like you just stepped out of the Matrix. All you need is a pair of black sunglasses."

Eve and Adrianna laughed. Rhysian looked at Claire questioningly. "Never mind," Claire breathed as she moved to strap a bag to his back. "We can watch the movie when this is all behind us." If we live through it, Claire thought grimly, all traces of her earlier humor gone.

Eve grabbed as many silver nitrate grenades as would fit into the pockets of the coat she had found, and slid daggers into the sheathes on her hips.

When they had all finished loaded up with weapons, Claire reached to Adrianna, instructing, "Take my hand." Adrianna clasped it tightly, with a hard nod. "Rhysian, you're next," Claire extended her other hand and waited for him to join his fingers with hers tightly.

"Okay, Eve..." Claire spoke softly. Eve stepped forward and linked with Rhysian and Adrianna.

Adrianna's eyes were wide as she whispered to Claire, "Are you sure we can manipulate the time portal to get us all back safely?"

Claire gritted her teeth and replied darkly, "I am absolutely certain of it. You need to focus only on me. Do not let your minds wander," Claire warned. "Are you ready?"

Eve grinned a little maniacally, reminding Claire of 1409 Myrnin. "Let's do this," she hissed.

Claire thrust her mind out violently, encasing them in the time portal. Its energy surged around them with power and electricity. Claire focused her complete attention on where and when she wanted to land. Instantly, she felt her feet touch solid ground and let the portal dissolve; leaving them standing in the room she had left less than one second before.