Chapter Twelve

The next chapter is finally here!! I know it's been forever, and I'm so sorry about that, but I gotta say shit is about to go down. I can't tell you how because spoilers, but I'm so freaking excited! I apologize again for not updating in a million years, things have been crazy but I can't wait to see what you guys think of this chapter. I cannot thank you all enough for sticking with the story and being so supportive throughout the past while, I dedicate this chapter to all of you!

I stare James down from across the table, legs tucked under me and arms crossed. I attempt to match his glower with a scowl of my own. I know it's a lost cause -I'm ninety percent sure that James was born with a frown etched into his features- but I have been known to be very stubborn.

"So," I begin, and James's scowl intensifies, "why do you think I'm a witch? And don't give me anymore 'I didn't accuse you because it's true' bullshit."

"I don't think, I know," James snaps.

"God dammit, you're so right! I've been cheated. Where the hell is my Hogwarts letter? Somebody get me a wand ASAP, I've got some magic to catch up on!" I exclaim, throwing my hands up in the air. I lean back in my chair, crossing my arms. James looks extremely unamused. "Do you think I'll get my letter soon? I mean, they're only ten years late."

"This isn't Harry Potter," James retorts. I fake surprise, gasping.

"You know, I am so impressed that you understood that reference," I say, smiling sickly sweet when James glares, but he doesn't reply. "Seriously, you promised straight answers and that's what I'm expecting," I say after a moment. James matches my stance, leaning back and crossing his arms, dark look still firmly in place.

"That's my answer," he replies.

"Ok, fine," I snap, irritation prickling under my skin, "then.. Where'd you get your Jeep?" James gives me a sour look.

"You mean the Jeep with mysterious holes through the tires?" he growls, and I blanch. For a moment, I'm sure that this is it. He knows and this is how I'm going to die. However, instead of murdering me, he continues talking. "Alexis actually bought it. She said it was for getting somewhere without needing a change of clothes," he says. Remembering how Oliver had shifted when he and Rowan came and got me after James's little temper tantrum, that seems logical enough.

"I'm glad to see that you are capable of answering questions," I joke, but I'm not sure that it's entirely a joke. "So.. can you tell me again why you think I'm a witch?" I ask, and James nearly growls.

"I already told you-"

"Fine," I interrupt him, "then what made you realize I'm a witch?" Obviously, I know I'm not a witch. That's not something you just don't know, right? Whatever the case, I figure I'm only going to get real answers about this from James if I play along. He is very convinced.

"There was an intruder," he starts, and his words are turning a bit harsh, "and he was looking for you. He was a wolf but he reeked of magic, we could smell it a mile away. When we caught him he told us that he was looking for the witch." James leans forwards, arms finding the tabletop, "I knew something was off about you, and when he said that it clicked. I should've picked up on it sooner but the smell on you was so faint I almost thought I'd imagined it."

I frown, knowing that my expression must be as skeptical as I feel. "So some bat shit crazy dude tells you I'm a witch and you just believe him?" I deadpan. James rolls his eyes, leaning back once more and pinching the bridge of his nose. He is obviously very quickly growing tired of me, and honestly I'm aware that maybe I'm being a bit difficult. I just don't see how on earth I could be a witch or why James would think that I am, bat shit crazy person saying so or not. There must be something he's leaving out, something he's not telling me. Whatever that something is, it's obviously important enough to make him think that I am, without a doubt, a witch. It must also be important enough, maybe even dangerous enough for him to leave it out.