Chapter 30- Fight (Ava)

A/N-

Totally did not intend to upload this on the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts... enjoy ;)

Chapter 30 (Ava)

We were laying in the corner by the fire, absentmindedly passing a ball between us, with the aim of not letting it touch the ground.

"What was life like before the war?" Seamus groaned dramatically, "Now all I do is play ball and card games with Ava Potter."

"Oi!" I kicked him in the leg, "I'm the best company you've had in months, Finnigan. Don't deny it."

He chuckled, "Fine. Whatever. I give in. Yes. Shall I go on? Ava Potter, what a funny, witty, exciting girl she is. She makes all our lives brighter. What were we without her? Dull and boring. She is a true hero. A hero of our time. Ava Potter-"

"Okay!" I threw the ball at Seamus' face, and Neville collapsed into laughter, "We get it Seamus! You love me!"

"He just misses Dean," Neville quipped, "Without his partner in crime, he is a lost soul."

"So bloody dramatic, Longbottom," Seamus shot back, but Neville wasn't listening anymore. He stood up with a quizzical look on his face.

"Is that Ariana?"

We turned to look at the portrait beside the fireplace. It was usually empty, but Ariana was standing there, smiling and waving at Neville, gesturing for him to come over.

"Maybe Aberforth's got more food for us?" I muttered, but Neville frowned.

"He gave us food two days ago. He never helps us stock up unless we need it. Why would he give us extra food? There must be something else." He stood up and approached the portrait, "I'll go and see what he wants."

"Do you need company?" I asked, but Neville shook his head.

"You're a wanted person, Ava. If someone sees you on the other side..."

I groaned, "Fine! Come back as quickly as you can." I paused, studying Neville's face silently. He has a glint in his eye, as if he had an idea of what could be going on.

"Hey," I stood up and rushed over to him, my hand brushing his arm, "What's going on? Do you know what's happening?"

He avoided my gaze, "No... I don't. I'll be quick, I promise. See you soon."

He squeezed my hand and clambered into the passage, the portrait swinging shut behind him. I watched as Neville's figure disappeared along with Ariana's on the portrait.

"What's going on?" Colin asked me, and I shrugged my shoulders, "It's a mystery, Colin. Neville looked like he knew what was going on..."

Colin leant against the wall beside me, "That's because the last time Aberforth sent Ariana to find a member of Dumbledore's Army, he was sending you through."

He gave me a knowing look, but I couldn't quite decipher it. Before I could ask Colin anything else, Seamus threw the ball towards me. I caught it quickly and threw it to Dennis. Even though most of us were buzzing with nerves and excitement, trying to figure out what in Merlin's name Neville was up to, we kept ourselves distracted with the ball game.

After about half an hour, the portrait swung open again, and there was a shout. Suddenly, everyone around me leapt up and started to shout. I scrambled up, but at first I couldn't tell who was standing behind Neville, not until I heard the shouts.

"HARRY!"

"It's Potter, it's POTTER!"

"Ron!"