Chapter 1 (Edited and Finished)

The storm was raging, the waves crashed hard against the side of the boat. Rocking it like a cradle on the angry sea. Lightning crashed all around as it struck the water. The lantern that lit up the small cabin area seemed to flicker as if threatening to go out. The wind was howling- it seemed to come at the boat from all sides screamed with momentum. A shadow appeared as a figure came to the top of the deck and moved quickly trying to get a few supplies before heading back down below.

The boat shuddered violently as it tossed on the sea and the figure was thrown from one side of the deck to the other, suddenly thrown overboard and into the sea. The water was like ice that ripped through your veins. A cry was hushed back by the raging sounds of the storm. The sea seemed to want to swallow the person up along with the boat. In one gulp it could swallow them whole.

The storm finally calmed after a few hours as daylight began to approach. The sun rising set the water to a peaceful calm. The colours of the sun painted the edges of the sea, cascading light across the top. The boat had finally crashed upon the shore of an island, the boards were torn and the boat was damaged badly.

Beside the boat washed up upon the shore was a young man, his sandy coloured hair was plastered to his forehead his face was pale and his lips were a slight shade of blue. His eyes were closed and his body lay motionless as the sun cascaded its morning light upon the sands.

Suddenly there was movement in the boat. A few boards cracked and a young woman with dark strands of long cascading hair emerged as she pulled herself from the wreckage. She pushed the strands of hair from her eyes after placing herself into a sitting position and leaning against the side of the boat.

As she glanced around she peered at the numerous trees and fence line, along with the cottages that were not too far off. Glancing down the beach line she noticed the pier and after allowing her site to adjust she noticed him lying motionless in the sand.

She gasped and moved towards him rather quickly, her bare feet hardly gripped the sand. She landed beside him placing her palm against his cheek. 

"Drew" she said softly, her eyes darted across the features of his face in the hope of getting a response from him. She ran her hand along his jaw line. 

"Please Drew. Open your eyes. Open your eyes and look at me. Please?" Her voice was shaky, as she was full of fear and worry. 

She brought her hand down and rested it on his chest as she began to whimper. 

"Please Drew, please wake up, please don't leave me here alone; you have to wake up......Wake up!"

She laid her head on his chest as a tear ran down her cheek. She watched as the sun began to climb higher into the sky. Suddenly she felt movement beneath her and as she sat up quickly and glanced at him she could hear the *groan* that escaped his lips and a smile slowly crept across her lips. He began to cough as his blue eyes fluttered open and looked up at her. Weakly he brought a hand up to touch her face.

"My dear Alexis, you're alive." He said softly.

After touching her forehead he gasped and quickly jerked his arm away as he felt the ache in his shoulder and the rest of his body from fighting the raging sea that tossed their boat ashore. 

She threw her arms around him and let out a soft, frightened cry. 

"I was so worried Drew, I thought....I thought you were never going to wake up. I thought that you were dead." 

He brought his hand up to rest it gently on the back of her head as he pulled her close and kissed her forehead.

"I'm right here Lexi, I'm fine. We're fine; it's going to be alright."