Chapter 10

Demi

When I said the sentence, 'there's a chance Reid could be Joe's,' I had to swallow to keep from busting out laughing. Nick stared at me, his face emotionless & for a moment, I reveled in the fact that I was getting my revenge, on him, for when he said that he could be Gianna's father. My ego got deflated as I watched Nick's mouth turn up in a smirk. I kept my expression stoic as he walked toward the bed & sat on it, leaning on the headboard.

"So, Reid could be Joe's huh?" Nick asked with his eyebrows up & I nodded, trying to turn the tables on him even though, I knew I was failing. He gave me some side eye. "You're funny."

I pressed my lips together to keep from laughing. "I'm not trying to be funny." I said as I got off the bed. When I looked back at him, my expression serious, he was smirking at me. I tried not to let my expression change, showing my annoyance. He kept his smug expression on his face as he kept watching me & stood up.

Nick came over to me, so our bodies were inches apart & his gaze never left my face, which really irritated me, since I was trying so hard to stay serious. "Do you really think I don't know when you're lying or when you're fucking with me?" He asked, putting his hand onto my waist, then letting it slip onto my lower back. I tried not to let him see that I was trying not to laugh, but then he yanked me toward him. "You're awful cute though, thinking that you can mess with me. I know you & Joe have never had sex."

I rolled my eyes & let out a breath as I wiggled out of his grasp. "You're so annoying. Why is it that you knew I was fucking with you, but I believed you when you did it?"

Nick's head fell back as he laughed, triumphantly. "Oh, Baby. It's because I know you better than you know me."

I glared at Nick. "No, you don't."

 "Yes, I do

"Yes, I do." Nick grabbed my wrist & pulled me to him. "And also, it's because Reid looks just like me."

I rolled my eyes again as Nick kissed my cheek. "He looks like Joe, too." I smirked.

"A little, but not enough to believe you."

"Anyway, to answer your question. No. I have never cheated on you."

"Good. Glad to hear that." Nick replied, staring into my eyes. He kissed me, softly on the lips then let go of me to walk around to get back into bed.

"If I had, would you have been able to forgive me?"

Nick sighed, leaning back on the headboard. "Honestly, I don't know. What about you? Would you be able to forgive me?"

"I think so. Depending on the circumstances. It's not a question you can really answer until it actually happens."

"I agree. And I don't think you'd forgive me."

"You don't?" I asked, almost laughing & Nick shook his head, wearing a smug smile. "Then don't ever take that risk."