-1-

Emory Colton

"Best way ever to end summer!" My best friend Maddison yells into the air.

"Tell me about it!" I yell back. As we reach the high part of the roller coaster it slows, I anticipate the exciting thrill of when it falls back down.

"Woohoo!" Maddy and I both throw our arms up, wind blowing recklessly in our long hair.

After finishing our last ride of the summer, we throw out our cups from the refreshing milkshake we had gotten. With the sun starting to go down a bit already we head to Maddy's car.

"I wish summer never ended Em," Maddy says beside me, "school is boring, the only good thing there is hot guys, and I see them more in the summer anyways."

"Yeah," I laugh softly, "this is our final year though, let's make the best of it, go out with a big ending."

"Sure, whatever you say daredevil Emory." She laughs, me eventually joining in too.

••••••••••

"Bye, see you in hell tomorrow!" Maddy says, before quickly backing out and zooming away from my drive way.

Laughing to myself at my best friend's craziness I unlock my house and step inside. Already sensing that my parents aren't home again I head straight to my room.

Dumping my purse on my desk chair, I flop back onto my bed. Scrolling through my Instagram feed I get bored and move onto Snapchat, to which I also get bored of. Looking around my room I realize how much of a clean up is needed, how all of those clothes got on the floor beats me. My whole life usually consists of just sitting on my bed or out with Maddy somewhere, so honestly who knows how my clothing gets strewn across my floor.

After throwing my last dirty shirt into the laundry bin I glance around not recognizing my room. I didn't know the floor was hardwood, I always thought it was carpet? I guess this proves I should try doing a weekly clean up.

Yawning, I quickly brush my teeth before climbing into bed. I slowly drift to sleep with the thought of school tomorrow.

••••••••••

One week later

Shoot I can't be late again. I've already had detention for being late twice last week. Only one week in and I can't even manage to come on time. If you're wondering how I have this much difficulty, well I don't usually remember to set my alarm. Nor do I have parents who wake me up. Then on my drive to school it just so happens to be construction going on, therefore slowing me down even more.

After hearing the warning bell I quickly start running instead of my fast walking. As I was glancing to the side reading the classroom numbers I wasn't watching where I was going. All of a sudden I feel like I hit a wall launching me backwards. Cursing myself I quickly push off the body that I collided with and keep running. Since I hadn't looked back I missed seeing the bad boy of the school with a shocked expression. Nothing ever stunned Everett Coles.

••••••••••

When the bell rang I couldn't have gotten up faster. Lunch was next and if you didn't get there fast enough most of the good food was gone. Our school had a buffet style where you get to pick what and how much you get.

I found Maddy waiting by the line already so I quickly joined her. Maddy and I had English and gym together, but sadly not anything else.

"So I heard you had a little incident?" Maddy asks with a smug look. I give her a puzzled look trying to figure out what she meant.