Chapter 8

Piper watched Percy the whole night

Piper watched Percy the whole night. She watched as Percy walked up to Bruce in the beginning, how they stayed together most of the time, how they would walk around talking with people, and she watched as Percy sat at one of the circular tables set up.

Piper made her way through the crowd of people attending the fundraiser gala thing for the project's presentation. She sat at the table Percy was in and sat back, waiting for Percy to notice her. Percy was staring at something -or someone. She followed Percy's gaze and her eyes landed on Bruce.

Bruce looked good in his suit. Bruce looked good in general. His black suit hugged his nineteen year old muscled figure. It made him seem older than he actually was, it made him seem more sophisticated than the Bruce she had met a couple of minutes before guests started to show up.

Alfred was doing what he normally does, he was being Alfred. Does Alfred even get paid? Piper thought as she looked at Alfred standing by the door.

Piper smiled at him as he caught her eyes staring at him. She waved then looked back to the elegant form of her best friend. It was SO weird to see Percy acting like how she was acting. She stood up straighter, in a more feminine way than usual. She talked with guests that came up to her and commented or laughed when expected to. Thalia would have a heart-attack.

Piper waved her hand in front of Percy once someone left her to gods know where. Percy snapped out of any trance she was in and looked at Piper with a bored expression.

"Can I officially kick everyone out?" She groaned as she tried to not bury her head in her arms.

Piper chuckled at her friend. "It's so weird seeing you like this."

Percy raised an eyebrow at that. How can she raise an eyebrow? That's basically impossible to do!

"What do you mean?" She said as she smiled at everyone that passed by.

"You're just acting so....... so...... aristocratic!" Piper said in frustration at not knowing how to describe her friends behaviour.

"Aristo............. what?" Percy asked as her face contorted in confusion.

"What I mean is that you're acting elegant and classy and whatnot! Even Aphrodite's blessing putting me in a dress and makeup couldn't get me to act like how you're acting!" Piper whisper screamed to Percy while planting a smile on her face to not draw any attention to them.

"Just relax, Pipes" Percy said as she laughed at the daughter of Aphrodite's bafflement. "This is how it looks on the outside."

Percy then leaned in as if to share a secret with Piper. "Here's the key on how to do it." She said as she lifted up a slender pointer finger to Piper. "Remember that at the end of the night, you're the one with the dangerous weapons called high heels. Not the person who's getting the rough part of it all." She 'wisely' said as she leaned back in her chair then fixed her posture because of a look Bruce shot her.