Chapter 7

Percy groaned as she swung her fist down on her alarm clock

Percy groaned as she swung her fist down on her alarm clock. Let's just say that the alarm clock is going to be out of order for a while. She rolled out of her bed and hit the floor. The pain of the unexpected fall barely registered as she had one thing on her mind. Today's the day of the presentation.

"No......" weakly came out of her mouth as her mother knocked on the door, obviously coming to make sure she was awake.

"Percy, honey you need to get out of bed. You're going to need to go to the manor so you can help Bruce plan things. Funding a project doesn't just mean you pay for it. You need to make sure stuff goes right so that funding it was worth it." Replied Sally in a sympathetic tone. Percy always made her give the same talk.

"Do I have to go?" Percy asked.

"Do you want to have to tell him you're a demigod?" Sally asked seriously.

"Yes" mumbled Percy, trying to get back to sleep.

"Today?" Sally asked with curiosity.

"I wish." Was heard, but barely since it was muffled by her pillow.

"But can you?" Sally questioned, starting to get irritated.

"Not unless I wanna 'get smited'." Sighed Percy.

   "So are you going to tell him?" Sally asked, ready to turn back to the kitchen.

   "Hopefully.......tonight," Percy whispered the last part before she finally got up and headed towards her door.

   She swung it open and trudged out as soon as her mother opened her mouth to ask the question itching to ask.

   "What do you mean by 'tonight'?" Sally asked as she followed her daughter to the kitchen. She went to a cabinet to take out the ingredients to make the pancake batter.

    "Did I forget to mention that Piper's picking me up tonight?"

    "No......"

     "Well, did I mention that she's taking me to Olympus? That I'm asking Zeus tonight?" At that, Sally dropped the egg in her hand. Percy's reflexes kicked in and she caught the egg before it could hit the floor.

   "It's tonight?" Asked Sally in shock.

    "Yep. And I've been giving Zeus tributes of almost every meal. It's like I'm bribing him. Think about like I'm paying him to make sure he says yes." Yeah..... Percy was 100% serious about this.

   Sally wasn't surprised about how serious Percy was. She expected it. Bruce basically meant the world to Percy, and Sally has seen how the secret had and still has been eating away at Percy.

   "As to be expected. How do you think Bruce will react?"

   Percy shrugged. "I don't know. But I don't think any different. I'm still the same person. I'll still be the same person to him........ Right?" She asked that last part in a whisper, barely hear from her mother.