Chapter 11

*Osha POV*

I got out and went over to Rayn side and opened her door for her.

She got out and I seen my mama look her up and down.

Rayn followed behind me as we made our way to the front door, walking through a makeshift walkway.

We reached those porch and I greeted my mama with a hug.

I was taller than her so it looked like I was hugging a younger sibling.

"O, don't be bear huggin me with them long ass arms." She said as I smiled and let go.

She straightened her shirt back out while looking at Rayn who was still standing in front of the porch.

"Come on up here baby, I ain't gone bite you." She said .

Rayn smiled, stepped onto the porch and stood beside me.

"And who might this gorgeous young lady be?" Mama asked.

"Ma, this is Rayn. She's my uhhhh..."

Damn....iown even know what to call her!

I wanna say girlfriend but I haven't asked her yet.

I don't wanna say friend, cuz she's way more and she's carryin my child.

And I most definitely don't wanna come out and say baby mama.

" This is my boo, Rayn." I finally said.

She looked up at me and smilled.

" Good! I was hoping you was gone say something along those lines. She is so gorgeous. I hope she's been keeping you out of trouble son." She said.

More like getting me into trouble 😜.

"Yes ma'am." I said

"Well y'all go on in..." my mama said as her voice kind of trailed off.

She knew something was up.

I went straight to the kitchen and sat at the counter.

Rayn mimicked.

My mama stood opposite of us, leaning against the stove.

Biscuits were in the oven, I smelled them.

"So how long have y'all known each other? " Ma asked.

"Not very long....probably a couple months." Rayn said looking down.

"Why you looking down baby? If I was as pretty as you I would show my pearly whites all day long. " she said to Rayn which made her smile.

"I know what would cheer you up. A mimosa!" She said.

DAMN. I knew she knew something was up. Can't hide nothing from her.

"Uhh...no thank you..." Rayn said looking over at me nervously as my mama pulled out all of the ingredients for the alcoholic beverage.

"Oh one little drink won't hurt. " my mama said with a side smile.

"I really shouldn't drink..." Rayn said twiddling her thumbs.

"And why is that?" She asked lifting her eyebrow.

The jig is up.

"Come on Ma, you know why..." I said.

"Yep. Ya damn straight. I figured that out when she got out the car." She said putting the stuff away.

"How..?" Rayn asked confused.

"Baby, I pay attention to everything. Pregnant women have a certain glow.... and you got it." Ma said.

"This my grandbaby ain't it?" Ma asked gently placing her hand on Rayn's belly.

We both nodded our heads yes.

Mama grinned and kissed Rayn forehead.

"You don't have to be so nervous or tense baby. I'm just happy y'all came and told me." She said

"But how the hell y'all only known each other for a couple months and you already pregnant? " she asked.

"Ma, you gone be disappointed when I tell you this but... I never intended to be with Rayn. I just wanted to sleep with her. And that's exactly what happened. You already know how dudes do Ma.  I gained her trust, took her virginity, and didn't speak to her again. The day I did see her again we both found out she was pregnant. " I said making a long story short.

She slapped me as hard as she could.

"BOY WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!? What if you had NEVER seen her again? You would have had a child wandering around here without a father! I raised you better than to play with somebody heart and feelings! You wrong! PURE D WRONG. Did that to this sweet girl. " she said with her hands on her hips and face frowned.

"I know I was wrong mama. I wasn't thinking just acting. But I do have feelings for Rayn. If I'm not mistaken she has feelings for me too.  We both want this baby and we want us to work out. I never meant for stuff to happen like this.  But we wanna make stuff right..." I said being completely truthful.

"O, I don't think y'all understand what you have gotten yourselves into. Parenting is hard work. Now, I'm disappointed in you because the way this situation came about. You treating this sweet young lady like this. And God himself knows it's way too many diseases and other things out here for you to be slangin your pecker to and fro! But at the end of the day, this baby gone be loved and taken care of." Mama said.

"Rayn baby, I can tell this is your first baby. Pregnancy ain't a easy road but you'll love every bit of it once you get to hold your child. And between  the both of y'all my grandbaby gone be beautiful. If you ever need me for anything like advice or you got a question just call me. I know a thing or two about bearing and raising "chillun"." She said.

Rayn nodded her head and smiled.

"Mama, when them biscuits gone be finished?" I asked. A nigga was hungry.

"Now." She said turning and cutting of the oven. She grabbed a dish towel and took the pan of biscuits out of the oven.

"Go in there and wash your hands with ya black ass. Show this baby doll to the bathroom." She said referring to Rayn while getting plates and cups from  the cabinet.

I got up and did as told. Rayn followed behind me. We went down the hallway, two doors to the right.

I closed the door behind us.

"Osha, what are you do-"

I pulled her face in and kissed her as hard as I could.

I let go of her and she looked surprised.

"W- what was that for?" She asked.

"I got maddd love for you girl." I said.

"Let's hurry up and wash our hands. Make sure both of my babies are fed." I said.

We finished washing up and came out the bathroom. 

Mama had three plates with biscuits, jelly, eggs, bacon and was currently stirring grits.

"Dang ma, I thought we was just having biscuits.  Where all this come from? " I asked delightfully surprised.

"I had already made it just before y'all pulled up. It was sitting in the microwave. " she said. 

Three minutes later we were saying Grace and feeding our faces.

I was happy as a mf my mama liked her.

************
No q&a.

I didn't have any questions really.