The mark and the ghost

Start from the beginning

The blond raised his finger as a wise man would do. "The ghost boy, also known as Phantom, haunts part of the human realm, also known as Amity Park, and considers it his home. Therefore it is safe to say he sees us as a part of his haunt and seeks to warn other undead beings of the danger in approaching us as he would attack them."

The teenagers stared at the young boy with inquisitive looks.

Richard frowned and looked up. "Umm, can you say that again? In English this time?"

A brown haired short boy slapped the blond's arm. "What have I told you about talking like the inventor of the dictionary?!"

"Umm...Sheldon? The dictionary wasn't 'invented'..."

"Andrew!!"

Andrew hung his head. "That I shouldn't talk like the author of the dictionary."

Sheldon nodded Maddie considered it. "Actually, he might be right."

"What? That the inventor of the dictionary talked weird?"

Maddie huffed. "No. Phantom probably sees us as part of its haunt, which is Amity Park. So it's natural that it wants to claim us from the other ghosts."

A chorus of oooh's came from the group.

Danny spoke up. "How do you know about the mark?"

Jack raised an eyebrow. "Mark? Who's Mark?"

Danny tried to correct his wording. "I mean the emblem. The claiming thing."

Maddie smiled and patted her boy's head. "It's our job to know all about ghosts, Danny. Speaking of which. How about we take a little rest. Me and Jack will drive around a bit so you can sightsee."

"You'll get to float around the Ghost Zone later," she quickly added when an outroar came from the group. "In fact. We will land on an island tomorrow so that you can explore a ghost's liar."

This news was accepted with delight and the teenagers went to their seats to talk and gossip about the resent events.

Danny and Sam sat on the ground in between the rows to chat. "You heard that too, right?" Danny inquired Sam, who nodded bashfuly.

"Tomorrow we're gonna explore some ghost's lair, which is its home and will do anything to protect it."

Danny groaned and leaned his head back.

Melissa intervened again. "When is tomorrow?"

"Probably in seven hours or so." Andrew entered the conversation as casual as any eavesdropper.

"But how do you measure time in here?" Melissa questioned.

Andrew shrugged and held up his a wrist watch.

"I'm just hoping the ghost isn't dangerous," Nathan said nervously.

Kwan huffed. "You scared of some puny ghost?" Dash fistbumped him. "I'm hoping we get to see one. So I can beat the crap out of him."

Valerie rolled her eyes. "Sure. Knock yourself out. Which, by the way, is probably what you will do."

Danny couldn't help but chuckle at that. Richard whispered, "Buuurn"

Star hugged herself. "Do you think we'll get hurt." She gasped and looked at Paulina in horror. "What if it steals our skincream."

Sam frowned. "What would a ghost want with your skincream."

A tall, muscular and brown haired boy who looked about 16 said proudly. "Don't you worry, Star. I will punch that ghost out for you."

Star looked at the boy starry eyed. "Oh, James. You're so heroic."