Chapter 6

Nate

3 Months Later

          I was currently sitting on the hood of my car starring at Amelia as she yelled at me in spanish. I took a bite of my sandwich looking around the block I was working.

"Listen to me!" She turned my head to her roughly. I frowned pushing her hand away.

"Amelia don't put your hands on me." I said biting my sandwich again.

"How could you do me like that."

"The fuck? Like what? We was just fucking! The fuck is you talking bout? Look gone somewhere with all that." I shoo'd her away.

"I thought you were different! I thought we..." She trailed off as I looked behind her seeing unwanted enemies on my block. Two guys sat on the outside of the window as the car slowly drove by and pulled out guns.

I dropped my good ass sandwich from subway and wrapped my arm around her waist pulling her down with me behind the car.

The bullets started to ring out and she screamed clinging to me as I covered her.

My people started to shoot back and I tried convincing Amelia to let go of me so I could help.

"YOU GONE BE GOOD! I PROMISE!" I yelled over the shooting.

"NINO PLEASE!!"

I pulled her arms from my shirt and she balled up but still held my wrist as she tried to cover herself. I pulled my gun from waist, cocking it and started shooting.

It seems as if the world slowed and as the car turned the corner Caleb looked at me and sped off.

My team was now the only people in sight after everything died down.

They started to get in their cars and pull off. I stood Amelia up as she continued to cry.

"Stop crying ma you good." I wiped her face and she hugged me. "Come on let me take you home."

She got in my car that had a few bullet holes in it and started to fix her self. I jogged around getting in a sped off.

Once I took her home I went by my bosses house after switching cars. His wife let me in and lead me to the dining room where he sat eating a steak.

"Boss man." I shook his hand before sitting down.

"Tell me what's good?"

"Man shit...." I shook my head. "Got a problem. Them O niggas just shot up my block. More specifically I know my ex blood had something to do with it. I need him out." I shook my head.

"Ex blood?"

"Brother. Caused me nothing but trouble all my life. He was driving the car."

"Mmm." He nodded eating a piece of steak. "Handle it."

"I was actually wondering if you could have someone take care of it."

"You said ex blood. I take it you two have bad blood and your no longer claiming him as family. So why can't you do it yourself?" I sighed shaking my head. "You have a personal problem, you handle it yourself. Letting someone else do what your supposed to do makes you weak." He said sternly. "Handle it."