23- Ford's Genius Plan

Start from the beginning

"You don't even need sleep." I realize, looking up to his now open eyes.

"I can just work in my head." I nod in response to his answer.

"Cool." He starts to laugh after I say this. "What?"

"You're adorable." He sighs, wrapping his arms back around me.

"Ugh." I push him off and get up, walking to the door

"Where are you going!" Bill whines.

"To change." I sigh, looking back at his pouting face. "I'm not staying in bed all day Bill." He sighs in defeat and snaps his fingers. Suddenly I'm wearing black jeans and a plaid shirt. "Thanks..." It sounds more like a question "but warn me next time."

We make our way down stairs and notice that nobody else is awake.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I ask, turning on the coffee maker.

"Can we have those human, cake, things!?" Bill says, jumping up and down excitedly.

"Pancakes? Sure, you really like those huh?" I laugh, pulling out ingredients.

"Yeah." He giggles.

"Here I'll show you how to do it human style!"

After we finish measuring and mixing, Bill holds a bowl of pancake batter.

"Hey, now would be a good time for you to practise your magic." He suggests.

"Good idea, what are you thinking?"

"Here," he hands me an empty plate. "Levitate and move this around with your flames."

"Bill, this is a plastic plate, I'm gonna melt it."

"Not if you don't want to." I roll my eyes at his, once again, amazing tutorial. "Its true! Put out a flame." I oblige and he sticks his hand in it. I immediately disperse the flames.

"Bill! What is wrong with you!" I yell.

"Nothing, look!" He laughs, holding up his unscathed hand. "You didn't want the flames to be hot so I wouldn't get hurt. Your magic is your subconscious, it does what you want and need it to do before you even know what that is." I gasp at this knowledge and levitate the plate harmlessly. "Now you're getting the hang of it, try making another flame that's hot with your other hand." I raise an eyebrow, but try it anyway. The plate remains cool while another flame gives off heat.

"I did it!" I laugh. Bill laughs too and launches some batter into the air. I burn it with one hot burst of flame and catch it with the plate. We gasp and laugh.

"What's going on in here?" Gruncle Stan startles us from the door, causing me to almost drop the plate.

"Oh, hey Gruncle Stan. Sorry, did we wake you?" I say politely.

"No, that's alright. I just smelt food and came to check it out." He smiles gently at us, but in his eyes he seems sad for some reason. "What are you making?"

"Pancakes!" Bill giggles "they're kinda my favourite." I laugh at how cute he is and flout the plate over to Stan. He seems scared of it, but takes the pancake anyway. Bill snaps on some syrup for him and he smiles.

"What's with all the magic?"

"PineTree is practicing." Bill answers for me, he shots another glob of batter into the air and I blast it then place it on Stan's plate. He takes a bite and his eyes go wide.

"This is so good! We should cook stuff with magic more often." We all laugh as I cook the rest of the pancakes and sit down to eat.

As we're eating, Mabel comes in, staring at Bill and I sceptically. She sits down and takes a pancake in silence.

"Mabel, I'm sorry about what I said last night. I didn't mean to be so harsh." I say thoughtfully.

"It's fine Dipper, I don't care." She snaps at me.

"Please don't be unhappy!" I beg. "What do you want me to do to make it up to you?" She thinks for a second.

"I want to know everything that's wrong with your head, everything." she responds coldly. I sigh and look at Bill. He nods and takes over the answer.

"Dipper has depression, anxiety/ panic disorder and insomnia. He is also vulnerable to many other disorders, such as anorexia, which he is very close to, and alcoholism." Bill explains solemnly "he also has a past of PTSD that is gone now." He adds. I nod and hesitantly look up at Mabel. She seems satisfied at the answer and walks away.

"Dipper, I..." Gruncle Stan chimes in, I totally forgot he was there "I never knew it was that severe!" He seems shocked and sad.

"It's okay Gruncle Stan, I have Bill to help me through it." I give him a gentle smile and snuggle into Bill's chest. Stan smiles sadly and walks away to get ready for work.

That was I kind of chill chapter because it's 'bout to get intense. And you 'bout to get shook! (That was soooo stupid but I'm keeping it because it's funny.)