•4•

Marinette groaned.

   Her stupid alarm clock went off, and she had realized it was Saturday. She didn't have to go to school today, but that damned alarm clock had woken her anyway.

   She knew it wasn't an option to go back to sleep –she could never fall asleep after the sun came up– so she decided to work on some new designs. However, before that, she had some other matters to take care of.

   She sighed, walking into her bathroom. Her midnight hair was a complete mess, acne dotted her porcelain face, and she had bags under her eyes.

   She went back into her bedroom, grabbing some clothes for the day, she had no plans on going out, so she simply had a pink tank top, with some gray sweatpants.

   Turning the shower water on, the mirror almost immediately fogged up, Marinette liked her hot showers, don't judge. The hot water was always so relaxing, and pleasant.

   After thirty minutes of a hot shower, she got out, only halfway ready to face the day. Sure, it was Saturday, and she had no where she needed to be, but she still didn't even want to lift a finger.

   Then it clicked, and she broke out in a smile, maybe I will go out today... She thought. Maybe she would see a certain kitty today.

   The smile stayed plastered on her face as she did her chores, cleaning the bakery counters, baking some of the week's pastries, etc. She finished them quite happily, when she finished, she checked the clock, 10:32.

   She smiled once more, he was probably awake by now, and she could send him something, or rather, write him something. She sped into her room, immediately picking up the red-pink marker on her desk, and collapsed onto the chair.

   "Excited aren't we?" Tikki teased her, making a slight pink tint the girl's cheeks.

   "Well, it's natural to want to talk to your soulmate, right?" Marinette still had pink dusting her face.

   Tikki simply accepted the reply, and Marinette went back to her original task. She uncapped the marker, an unpleasant sent released from it being opened, and scribbled the note on her arm.

   You awake kitty cat? She still wasn't sure, after three years of talking to him, how to initiate a conversation.

Of course, my lady.

   She rolled her eyes, typical response from him. She wiped her hand across her arm to rid it of the ink, and began to write, Would you be interested in-

   She didn't get to finished her sentence, as she heard a loud boom in the distance. Tikki flew to her urgently, "It's an akuma!"

   Marinette panicked, yelling a quick, "Tikki, transform me!" As she jumped out of her window.

  She jumped from rooftops, until she reached the source of the sound. She hates dealing with
these things.

•••

Marinette heaved, she had a bit of trouble catching her breath after this fight. She wasn't quite used to the superhero life yet, this was only her second battle, but she could tell it would be no easy feat.

She looked to Chat, who was also catching his breath, he turned to her, and she gave a weak smile, finally standing up from her kneeling position.

She wiped her forehead, the spandex slightly sticking to her skin, "This is gonna take a long time to get used to."